We have seen only a small handful of legitimate players encountering the recently added instance limit

As far as complaints about in-game changes are concerned, the number of complaints is actually relatively large.

1 Like

You are doing no damage to me.

you sure defend yourself alot lol

Awww poor baby cant make an argument so instead he reads through your post history reaching for straws to insult you. Sounds like the same problem we have with your method of gaming. You have too much free time, please go get a job or an education. KthxBAIIII

1 Like

im a baby now?

Damn it, just realised I got baited by an obvious trollā€¦

No this is ALL ABOUT YOU because you are butt hurt you have to limit the number of 1 pulls you can do for gold.

You are mixing things up here.
Thereā€™s a difference between agreeing to the instance limit and actually reaching it.

No he isnā€™t. People arenā€™t doing dungeons because they are worried about the new cap, hence they are not happy about the change. Very simple causal reasoning.

1 Like

Sure. I mean, Blizzard have actual stats and an interest in keeping their game alive, but I am totally going to take the word of salty John Bloggs on the forum instead.

The stats after this change are not relevant because we no longer dungeon as much as we want to. Only the stats before the change are relevant, and they have been hiding these from us.

Everyone Iā€™ve talked to either think itā€™s a good move, or that it doesnā€™t affect them either way.

I have yet to find a single person in-game who likes the change, but the majority of people either i) didnā€™t know about it, but when informed expressed their dislike for it, or ii) knew about it and were angry about it.

2 Likes

I definitely would have hit the cap but stopped. Mainly because I didnā€™t write down when I first entered and I still wanted to do ZG and BWL (before the hotfix). Such a stupid change that Iā€™m now having to keep an excel sheets for my actions.

If anything Iā€™m sure other people are like me and stop before the cap to avoid locking themselves out for well anything that you might want to do later.

3 Likes

#ty30lock

30 lockā€¦check
75k banā€¦check
More banned bots in this thread incomingā€¦check

1 Like

bad troll. check

2 Likes

Is it a lie though? or is it only a lie for those that want to believe it is a lie because reason?

Just put something into perspective for a moment, even if itā€™s not agreed upon. Letā€™s say for the sake of argument and ease of numbers there are 100,000 unique accounts playing classic wow. Letā€™s look at just 1% of that number and we get 1,000 people, we can even go 15% and get 15,000 people. Thatā€™s a lot of people if you ask me. What does this all mean? For numbers sake we have 15,000 people that dislike this change. Yet there are 85,000 or 85% of the population that are not effected by this change. While 15,000 people are a lot of people, those same 15,000 people are only a small part of the entire community.

Is that a bad thing though? Just because people share different opinions doesnā€™t mean that their opinion is any more or less valid. It just means they have a different opinion from the other POV.

I like this part of the post, it did make me chuckle a little.

A. I wish I was working for Blizz. I heard they have decent perks. :blush:

B. YES! at least for myself. Iā€™m about as casual a player as anyone might meet. I donā€™t claim to have any ā€œleetā€ skills. Oh well, it works for me though.

C. YES! at this as well. I do play WoW solo and donā€™t have any friends here. I donā€™t think any of my friends irl play WoW either.

I just wanted to touch upon one last thing before I go back to my pathetic life. Iā€™m probably a white knight as well lol. But if a white knight is just someone that defends an idea? wouldnā€™t that make anyone that defends an idea a white knight then? I might support Pepsi and someone is like YOU WHITE KNIGHT! but then I turn my head and say but are you not defending the opposite view? Youā€™re still defending a view, so you are me and we are both WHITE KNIGHTING! a different cause. Come here and letā€™s do lunch! :blush:

In my mind, none of these numbers equate to a ā€˜small handfulā€™

Obviously we donā€™t have the numbers but, maybe if its 0.05% I would refer to it as ā€˜a small handfulā€™

Thatā€™s just my opinion on that.

And also

2 Likes

Yep. Pointed this out a couple of times now. Iā€™ve seen a mix. The ones that keep arguing seem to be the first, the ones who stop responding seem to be the gold sellers benefiting from less ways of people being able to legitimately earn gold in-game.

You still wont quit though.

1 Like

I suspect that this is closer to the truth. I"m guessing that the forums probably skews more toward the ā€œhardcoreā€ player than what is actually represented in the game. If thatā€™s the case, it makes sense that many people on the forums would be upset by this change, but having it actually affect a very small percentage of players.

1 Like

I think the fact they altered the change means theyā€™re likely not going to remove it completely. Maybe another alteration or two.

Is it a lie though? or is it only a lie for those that want to believe it is a lie because reason?

I think you misunderstood Evilbadguy. Youā€™re talking about a lie only in the strictest interpretation of the word as saying something blatantly false. Another kind of lie is the intentional omission of truth. This, it seems to me, is what has Evilbadguy riled up. Blizzard is hiding the truth.

Those of us who went over the 30 dungeons per day no longer hit that cap because it is pointless to do so after this change. Blizzard is referring to this cap, not to the consequence of this cap, which would be obvious to everyone if Blizzard had shared the numbers of people running over 5 lockouts (30 dungeons) per day (per 24-hour period) prior to the change.

In this context, it is fair under some definitions to say that Blizzard did not lie, but did deceive intentionally.

Letā€™s say for the sake of argument and ease of numbers there are 100,000 unique accounts playing classic wow. Letā€™s look at just 1% of that number and we get 1,000 people, we can even go 15% and get 15,000 people. Thatā€™s a lot of people if you ask me. What does this all mean? For numbers sake we have 15,000 people that dislike this change. Yet there are 85,000 or 85% of the population that are not effected by this change. While 15,000 people are a lot of people, those same 15,000 people are only a small part of the entire community.

I donā€™t know that Iā€™d call 15% a small part of any community. 1%, sure. 5%, sure. >10%? Not really a small part of the community. That aside, 15% is entirely anecdotal. My anecdotes suggest to me that maybe 30% would be a fairer assumption. If you consider the people that we canā€™t play with but would like to play with because doing so would mean skipping out on ZG, then the number becomes much higher, since those people also suffer from our lockouts. In fact, the number becomesā€“I think without controversyā€“the majority of the playerbase.

YES! at this as well. I do play WoW solo and donā€™t have any friends here. I donā€™t think any of my friends irl play WoW either.

This might be why you didnā€™t account for the people affected by this indirectly. My friends are affected by my lockouts. Classic is a great game, both for solo and group play. While I started off solo, I actually found it difficult to maintain that playstyle, since the community in game is incredibly sociable and altruistic. I canā€™t count the number of times that some random person saved me while leveling, or that passed me a buff as they ran by, or that whispered me asking if I needed help while questing.

1 Like

Hey susan how are you today