We cannot continue to have no open dialog about the state of the game

There needs to be full and transparent dialog regarding what is taking place, you are essentially killing the cataclysm realms right now by putting 1 post out every day about the state of what’s being worked. there should be a bucket list indicating what you are currently working on, otherwise you will see a huge drop in classic subs and on top of that, refunds of the cataclysm pre-release packs

46 Likes

You mean Blizzard should treat us the way I treat my customers?

I am a logistics exec.

If my customers book 30 truckloads of widgets with a delivery date of 5/1/24 but I show up with 20 trucks on 5/2, I would be doing some explaining and fixing on 4/28/24 onward.

I am not mad at the bugs, I expect that. It is the silence which is BS.

18 Likes

Exactly. issues will happen, but to me, having an entire 2 pages of bugs and more that have not been resolved is beyond unreasonable and way too unprofessional for such a large gaming studio. The big part being, no open dialog at all.

6 Likes

I teach my people the 3 steps of dealing with an irate customer.

1. Listen–nobody listens, your kids don’t listen to you, your honey doesn’t listen to you. By God listen to the customer.

2. Empathize do not apologize. “I know how you feel, the same thing happened to me. We appreciate your patience and are on the case!”

3. Act! Do whatever it takes to make the situation right, within the bounds of good business, and in a way that makes the customer feel like they have been heard and you are making every effort to resolve.

Not getting any of this here.

8 Likes

You can’t have an open dialogue about it here because you need to unsub for your position to matter. Mine is canceled and runs out in a few days, would suggest others do the same if you want Blizzard to listen.

7 Likes

I do and don’t agree with you. 1 sub and saying nothing isn’t going to push any changes with the company, the truth being that they won’t care about my 1 sub if other players don’t also feel the same way I do.

The trick is when lots of people do it. Been playing this game a long time, Blizz is extremely slow to fix problems until they start losing a lot of subs.

6 Likes

If you want to see how much it was open during wotlk all you have to do is check the blue tracker it will only lead to the SoD section :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Actions speak louder than words…

2 Likes

Given how people act around here, it’s not surprising in the slightest that they don’t want to talk with us

12 Likes

Nah dont pull this garbage.

They said the same on retail and retail is somewhat turning around on what it used to be feedback wise. So this is totally a bait and a not a very good one.

It’s very well known that the guy in charge of classic or one of the guys in charge prefers discord and twitter for discussing feedback and not the forums…

There’s no reasonable point or argument to have the sorry state of the launch for cata…

1 Like

No I think I will

2 Likes

Okay so it was bait.

Glad we’re clear on this. Have a fantastic day!

“I disagree with you therefor you are trolling and anything you say is invalid”

Thank you for proving my point

2 Likes

In all honesty, instead of just stealing stuff from other studios for their own games (Eleventh Hour Games —> Diablo 4), maybe they should take a page out of their book, and one of these very bored community managers that spend time on X/twitter talking to people about useless things, can write a blog/post about the inner workings and why things are going the way they are, JUST LIKE ELEVENTH HOUW GAMES DID WITH LAST EPOCH LAUNCH.
This is proof alone they have zero respect for their PAYING customers.

That’s such a cop-out, there are NUMEROUS, more than any one of us can count, constructive posts regarding not only this situation, but the multitude of bug reports that OBVIOUSLY went either unread, or read and ignored by Blizzard. They don’t need apologists.

I agree with you on 60% of posts, but not the other 40%. there are so very good topics and suggestions on here, and also some very bad ones. I do strongly believe that you cannot put it on the players for the current state of cataclysm when they should of delayed the release.

I think you might be misunderstanding my point. I’m not saying it’s the players’ faults for the state of prepatch, I’m saying the way they act is most likely at least partially the reason they don’t openly communicate with us on the forums

They don’t need to have it be open forum, they just need to be more proactive on updating us. especially when the game is in such a critical state right now. a bucket list would be fine with it being a closed post.

There’s literally a list of recognized issues pinned at the top of the page

You are not understanding my point. they’ve addressed some of those issues already and new ones have been identified, we should be updated more than once every 48 hours on the current state of what’s being fixed with this many issues. You need to set down the white knighting and be more objective in your statements.

Haha… This is a thin-skinned POV though, they’re all adults, you’re telling me they can’t skim through insults or whatever to get to the meat of constructive posts… So what you’re saying is that they’re all 6 year olds that work for Blizzard, and they need naptime and warm milk just to read words on a screen? Okayyyy… Do I have to have the same stuff come out of my mouth that I say to my teenager regarding his 3-year-old sibling? IGNORE IT.