We are winning too much honor points per BG

First, slow down there, champ.

I am not calling for a revert, wipe, reset, or any such bs. So maybe chill your jets.

I feel that the you can’t really take away from players when it is Blizzards fault. I also feel that people who were constantly ejected from BGs and received no marks or bonus honor while having all queues wiped got hosed.

Further, the solution implemented by Blizzard punished only the people who did other things like the dark portal event or helped guildies level new toons first. That is the bigger problem. Blizzard over reacted to group A in a way that punished group B.

If it hinders players = Must wait for major content patch to fix.
If it helps players = Must get out of bed IMMEDIATELY and fix in less that 30 minutes.

Blizzard logic since day 1 of WoW. Maybe this should have been looked at during the beta or PTR(that barely existed), but I guess when you only invite streamers that rarely even play the beta this is what you get.

7 Likes

Aaaaaand the fix is a giant step the opposite way. I realize that everything has to be a knee jerk reaction, but I honestly think whatever data analyst you hired to perform this analysis was just flat out wrong.

Can confirm. They pretty much screwed us with this change. Not a whole lot of point grinding honor for the level 60 gear to help level with this kind of honor return. Unbelievable. A factor of 10. A factor of 5 would have been fine. Whoever ran those numbers is a joke.

SMFH It’s also supposed to be a 4 week prepatch

2 Likes

You’re oddly proud of the effort you put into hindering the gameplay for every single player.

3 Likes

Plus he’s not even right. I refer you to this thread:

3 Likes

thats the issue rite there

Please continue to bump that thread. I can say for a fact I got the full set in prepatch back in the day as a 15 year old going to school playing very casually and it did not take nearly as long as this change would lead to.

8 Likes

woke up

still pissed about the honor change. MAKE THE 60 R14 GEAR CHEAPER BLIZZARD. REDUCE THE COSTS BY AT LEAST 2X

1 Like

The best part is that they moved heaven and earth to make this change quickly (testing, decision, implementation), but the corresponding “opposite” evidence will either be ignored or they will sit on the decision for a week “just to make sure.”

Seriously, your data analytics team and decision making process on this were terrible. Absolutely terrible.

6 Likes

So this is the post that messed up the system… nice derp

2 Likes

Now that this entire thing has been proven to be false, why have we not heard anything about a fix?

Reduce the cost of rank 14 gear 10X if this is not going to be hotfixed today.

3 Likes

Missing the point entirely, in that you didn’t have to do anything exploitative to “exploit” the honour gains, you literally just log in and do PvP like you normally would with access to an array of entirely new spells and talents…

sometimes i ook my dooker

1 Like

Oh hey Snowboots. I have yet to sleep. Just watching this all go down wondering when Blizz will open their eyes. And actually look at some of the ACTUAL evidence posted and video proof. Maybe we’ll have a fix the day before BCC launch. – If we’re lucky.

i mean, 13 days… Just rushing the entire thing. Redic.

Where were you when the world needed you the most?

2 Likes

The client is based on 2.4.3, but the pre-patch is suppose to resemble the pre-patch experience…?

10x less honor does not equate to having ~3x as long to farm. That math does not work out when people were farming several pieces in a weekend back in 2007 pre-patch.

1 Like

If anything Blizz will just stall for a few days, then will give honor gain a very small increase on a Tuesday maintenance just try to save any small amount of face.

1 Like