We are going to get playable Alliance High Elves...in a manner of speaking

First of all, I am not an individual who seems to have issues with understanding that kinda are = are. I highly suggest you stop your nonsensical behavior.

Where is your source for many?
The game alone states the majority of BE did not ingest fel, and those who did were primarily Kael’thas followers.

Quit pushing your headcanon, quit getting upset when people call you out on misinformation.

Hey man, nothing can be worse than listening to I’m Blue on repeat. Oh gosh, set that as an alarm to just wake up when you need to wake up. I swear no Wall or Alarm Clock or Phone is safe.

lol I had the radio back then. I remember.

I miss the Anti Thread, beign in the Megathread with them make me feel uncomfortable, I kind of stoped posting after our thread was “Casually” Locked.

2 Likes

the warcraft encyclopedia suggests that rommath only taught the blood elves of azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be “horrified” if they knew the true extent of kaels dealings with illidan

and when they did find out what kael was up to they rebelled. ready to move on from TBC yet?

2 Likes

Citation.

Kind of are still does not = are.

Also, for another quick lesson:

“Many desperate Blood Elves most likely drained them” isn’t mutually exclusive with, “few blood elves drained fel energy.”

Anyways, make with the citation.

What do YOU mean you people?!

2 Likes

What do YOU mean you people?

2 Likes

Hi. I’m People.

We are all people.

That isn’t how this works dude.

1. You made the assertion that most blood elves ingested fel. This is not true, as was covered by various pieces of literature including that of the game.
    All you have stated is your theory, given you said most likely.
    So in this aspect, I don’t have to do squat because the burden of proof is on you.

2. It is stated by the game the vast majority found the action of draining fel to be horrifying and would not do it.

So in both aspects, you are flat out wrong. Quit pushing headcanon.

I’m kind of a big deal = I am a big deal.
Your English honor class does not mean anything if you did not learn anything from it Callistus.

It is mutually exclusive since many, means a large number than few.

Don’t have to, cite your source where it states the majority of blood elves fed on fel energy. I’ll wait.

4 Likes

What’s even the hype behind high elves?? They’re blood elves with blue eyes. What are you doing that you’re gazing lovingly into your character’s eyes? Is it an “Alliance want the blood elf model but void elves don’t count because purple isn’t blue” issue?

I care about high elves as much as I care about that stupid troll from the cinematic that everyone wants to marry - not at all, except that threads about both pop up often enough to be obnoxious.

7 Likes

They’re mostly people who can’t get over BC and how the Belves ended on the Horde.
The whole “High Elves are a Core part” is a narrative that they have been pushing because of WC2, even tho that game is like 20 years old.

5 Likes

No. that’s exactly how it works.

1. You made an assertion that FEW Blood Elves drained Fel energy and most did not.

You even claim to have a source.

Provide the source.

I’ve provided my sources. Blood of the Highborne, Dev behind the scenes, “What’s in the box?” quest.

You’re making a claim.

It’s up to you to provide evidence for that claim.

whats his citation again? cite it again

Rommath was a close companion of Kael’thas Sunstrider, to whom Rommath was fiercely devoted. After the Scourge invasion of Quel’Thalas and the prince’s exodus to Outland, Rommath was sent back home to Quel’Thalas to retake the land; Rommath was responsible for reclaiming much of it from the Scourge, the capital of Silvermoon included. As the prince’s voice in Quel’Thalas, Rommath spread Illidan Stormrage’s teachings—the siphoning of arcane magic—to help sate the elves’ addiction to magic that had become apparent in the wake of the Sunwell’s destruction.

Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be “horrified” if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.

4 Likes

Actually it’s mostly people who enjoy the story of the high elves and would like to see it expanded upon as well as being able to play as a race we’ve been interacting with for years.

3 Likes

I’m kind of a big deal is a specific saying.

It’s a meme phrase and delivered obviously sarcastically by its origin.

That doesn’t make, “I’m kind of” function that way always.

Merriam-Webster:

Definition of kind of

1 : to a moderate degree : somewhat it’s kind of late to begin

2 : in a way that approximates : more or less kind of sneaked up on us

And to elaborate on the second, the definition of approximate for you:

Definition of approximate

(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : nearly correct or exact : close in value or amount but not precise an approximate solution an approximate date

2 : located close together approximate leaves

So…

In a statement where he was making an attempt to show that one race was similar and close to another, he used wording to make it seem like it was similar or close to another.

• Furthermore

Kind of and sort of
From English Grammar today sourced from Cambridge dictionary:

Kind of and sort of are very common expressions in speaking. They soften other words and phrases so that they do not appear too direct or exact.

So once again, language that approximates too similar things.

and once again, “I’m kind of a big deal.” is a witticism.

I’ll follow up my sentence in a separate post.

what story? there is no story besides raising children in dalaran and living in a hut

if this is in reference to ion, he obviously meant high elves refer to themselves as blood elves now. thats why he doesnt say blood elves are blood elves(lol). the race is high elf

if that wasnt clear enough for you, he drives the point home when he finishes with

Giving that race directly to the Alliance would have blurred a lot of the lines between the two factions, but also there isn’t a clear example of who or what High Elves are as a larger group which remains in Azeroth. There’s a couple…we just met Alleria again…but they’re not out there in the same way. When we add an Allied Race, there’s a desire to have things be even more distinct especially between the two factions with the faction conflict being so prominent. And so, the Void Elf angle, as it tied into the story of Argus, the powers of Alleria awakened and was able to train others to harness, was able to give something that felt a bit like a Blood Elf but had a unique flavor of its own to the Alliance.

3 Likes

No, it isn’t.

You made the assertion many drained fel energy. You provided no source, no citation, and now you’re attempting to shift the burden towards others.

Yep, the game.

The game

Blood of the highborne only covers liadrin and her story. It does not speak as to what the population was doing in regards to the fel energy. So this citation is a false one.

Doesn’t state anything in regards to the population.
On the other hand, it is stated outright in various pieces of literature

1. Most blood elves did not know the effects of fel energy used to power the buildings in silvermoon.
  2. Most blood elves did not know of Kael’thas deal with the demons and were horrified at the notion of ingesting fel energy.

You made a claim, and neither of your citations provide evidence for your claim.
That is why you literally said “most likely”, because you THEORIZED something that was never supported to be true.
on the other hand? Silvermoon quest line goes over the fact that the majority of blood elves did not ingest fel.

3 Likes

Thats a cute lie.
I mean… even the Mogu have more story than them and they’re not even reltated to any of the factions.

Undead Elves and Ogres have been interacting with the Horde way more than the Cannon fodder Elves with the Alliance, yet they remain beign NPCS.

Everything is not intended to be playable, even less when it is the same race beign separated by political beliefs.

4 Likes

So from your definitions…

2 : in a way that approximates - 1 : nearly correct or exact

So, In a way that is nearly exact?

1 Like