We are going to get playable Alliance High Elves...in a manner of speaking

It would be really odd if we could play any race on Horde or Alliance…

Personally I would never side with the Horde.

If there was some sort of option to opt out of that then I’d be okay with it.

Theyre called void elves. They made the exact same money off of them as alliance high elves would have and still kept the faction identities distinct

One missing point is that while is not the main reason, is part of their ideological differences; One big cultural shift BE’s went through was survival at any cost; they allowed the used of fel to power their cities even if it wasn’t something Belves drunk straight out of the tap. The remaining HE’s didn’t have that cultural shift, remaining more prudent about magic usage.

BE’d ended up with green eyes because of a cultural shift, because they removed taboos as a society (the fear of Fel)

:roll_eyes:

And… how do you think rebuilding radiated everybody with fel magic?

Do you think maybe its those burning crystals that you deal with in the starting zone?

Also, are you going to go erase the novella Blood of the Highborn?

Is patient

Also, have fun with this quote from the source from the wiki comment you just posted: 1:38

Also timestap 4:30 for them talking about all the demon magic they use to keep their city glued together.

I know you have no concept of nuance Fire, no need to keep repeating the same nonsense every time.

1 Like

Agreed, the High Elf/Blood elf political divide is already built in game, and woul dbe different change up to the built in race war that blizz has goin on… it would go beyond the “I hate these guys because they are fill in the blank and they did this to that group” Maybe with the faction war winding down though we could see it? idk not counting on it.

1 Like

High elves are necessary and proper!!!

Yet you cant let go of TBC concept of blood elves that lasted no more then 5 years. Culturally nothing has changed in quel’thalas. The blood elves make it quite clear their history and traditions are very important to them

Honestly I think there’s a big difference between thinking that a sociocultural and political schism isn’t enough to justify a group becoming a cross faction AR, and saying “HE’s and BE’s are the same thing.”

The first is a valid opinion because it’s about a subjective threshold, the second lacks any critical thought and regard to context.

Such as this. Complete lack of contextualizing of the evolution of the Blood Elves (who keep using fel, did you forget that?) And pretending they somehow reverted to a pre third war setting despite the massive sociocultural and political crucible they went through.

1 Like

I mean this if this is what you consider a source that’s an incredibly low standard.

Its my opinion, just like yours is alliance high elves would have made more money just because

2 Likes

Um.

I didn’t make this claim.

You seem to be tilting at windmills here, chief.

To be fair, he didn’t actually say that High Elves would make money. Quoted from earlier post of his:

Which lead to my reply of:

2 Likes

erm

Did you play during burning crusade?

I did. Let me guess, you’re also going to be like the other person and tell me I am also wrong?

I’m all for High Elves on the Alliance. It is mainly Horde specifically Blood Elf players who oppose it. They are afraid of the Alliance getting a popular new Elf race that could be Paladins because it might bridge the population gap between Horde and Alliance and even… gasp potentially make the Alliance more popular than the Horde.

1 Like

I have not been back to Silvermoon recently to see if anything has been changed since their change with the sunwell and all, but this used to be all over

https:// wow. gamepedia. com/ Blood_Elf_Magister

Literally draining a giant fel crystal with eyes in it.

Considering that Blood Elves are High Elves, maybe it is actually because of Lore Reasons.

And look at you, playing an Orc.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_Elf_Magister#/media/File:MagisterCrystal.jpg

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I’m not used to the new forums. Couldn’t figure out how to post a link.

1 Like