We are going to get playable Alliance High Elves...in a manner of speaking

If the megathread is locked, making a second thread is not spam. Having 3+ active high elf threads is.

oh well then lets all embrace the void critters and void lords that come thru the sunwell the moment a velf is nearby.

That has nothing to do with anything.

The Light is not ā€œgoodā€.

Void Elves are not ā€œevilā€.

1 Like

well lemme put it this way, lorā€™themar had to exile his own sister because her connection to the void, almost caused a void lord invasion. if that aint evil, i dunno what is

Trust me.

I am well aware they you donā€™t know what evil is, within the context of WoW.

I donā€™t have a solution for you, butā€¦

Making the exact same thread is.

While we have many threads talking about High Elves right now theyā€™re from different players and each one are talking about one different aspect of it.

This one, for instance, is talking more about Blood Elves than High Elves tbh.

wow is like this:

its evil but weā€™re not gonna call it that. weā€™ll just attack it. why we attacking it? reasons 1, 2 and 3, none of which say evil, but all of which are the equivalent. the lich king is not evil accept he is. etc

But that has nothing to do with the conversation.

The Light is not good. So therefor its oppositeā€¦the Voidā€¦can not be evil.

The Light and Void are opposites. If the Void is evil, then the Light must be good. But there are people that have a connection to the light, and use it for evil means.

They both have different visions for WoW and want to see them realized.

Definitely. They each have a different goal. And they are opposite of each other. But one is not inherently evil, and the other is not inherently good.

They just ā€œareā€.

because wow is dnd flipped on its head. good is evil and evil is good. its upside down land.

If either is successful it would most likely be a bad thing.

1 Like

I have no clue what is going on here.

You said per DnD Void Elves are evil.
But WoW is now suddenly the opposite of DnD.
So the opposite of evil is good?
So Void Elves are good?

Right. The Light is just as fanatical as the Void, and allows just as much barbaric, brutal, and downright ā€œevilā€ activities as long as it pushes the Lightā€™s goal. Seeā€¦I dunno. Yrel and/or the Scarlet Crusade.

They need to be both kept in check, and neither can succeed.

I think there is good and evil, but itā€™s not apparent. Itā€™s not the obvious things, like light and void. In some cases evil characters might be redeemed, even if only temporarily or in the face of a greater evil. Sometimes good characters make evil decisions or are forced to pick the lesser of two evils. It would get awefuly boring if the story was just about good guys and easy choices for 15 years.

1 Like

Which is a much better story than another generic retelling of Platonic themes.

1 Like

I think it would be really fun to have a fanatical light type expansion once. Where the Light is trying to more aggressively take control. And races/classes with a strong tie to the Light have to do some serious soul searching.

When I saw the Illidain vs Naruu cinematic, I decided that was where we were headed.

I wish. Then everyone apparently suffered from short term memory loss and pretended like it didnt happen.

Yeah, that was weird.

Everyone moved on fast.