WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

The retcons are already there, if you want to play the original campaign, play the original game…
even better if you can choose between the two.

2 Likes

LOST MISSIONS?!?!?!?!?!

The loss of Reforged is hands down my greatest disappointment of 2019.

4 Likes

i don’t know if this is what the beta says.
maybe we still are having the reforged campaign.

a friend of mine pass me that image.

They said at Blizzcon that we aren’t. The campaign screen has been updated since the beta started, which makes me think a UI dev just didn’t get the memo.

That is my point.

Almost certain I bought Starcraft remastered and enjoy that game. Buying a graphically updated Warcraft 3 is a good deal.

1 Like

what the hell are the “lost missions”?

1 Like

If I had to hazard a guess, probably the redone content to line up WC3 with current WoW.

Not sure now that they scrapped that idea though.

1 Like

At the end of the day, those new models are there. So there was work towards a revised campaign at some point. If they have the time, why not have a revised campaign toggle? It’s not like it’s forcing the revisions period and anyone who just wants the same game with better graphics has to just deal with it.

My hope is rather than retcons, there is just more detail. Like those new models making appearances in the game, but not playing any real significant role.

Keep the game ambiguous. I do not trust modern Blizzard to make any satisfying changes.

The models were outsourced. They could have just sent Lemon Sky character sheets for Anestarian and everyone else along with the money, had the models delivered, and just threw them in the files with no intent to actually use them.

Why are you so objecting so hard to a toggle? The classic option was going to be there so that the only difference would be the assets.

2 Likes

I mean, I mostly just do not trust a BFA era Blizzard to make good, satisfying changes to what is probably the pinnacle of Warcraft Storytelling.

1 Like

And that’s totally fine, it’s a sentiment I share. But if it’s a toggle…what’s the harm? People who like it can play that, people who don’t can play the other.

3 Likes

I am not against new content as much as I am against alterations to the story for reasons listed above.

1 Like

Yes, but if it’s a toggle, then the story isn’t altered for you. You flip a switch and get to play the same story as always. If the problem is that WoW has retconned these things, that damage has already been done regardless of reforged.

2 Likes

the story is already altered. it doesn’t make any sense that they don’t add this new lore.

4 Likes

Not really.

So… chronicles and wow is not canon anymore?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say either makes any major changes to WC3 canon.

and neither the arthas book right?
anasterian never existed.

2 Likes