WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

Although unnofficial, we finally have something to look at from WC3 Reforged. Mainly art. Feast your eyes and enjoy.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8824-BlizzCon-2019-Warcraft-III-Reforged-Deep-Dive?page=1#_

12 Likes

I see Rexxar there, does that mean Frozen Throne is going to be included?

Wow, looks amazing.

2 Likes

Ummm are those portraits depicting a female Demon Hunter unit, and a Female Death Knight unit?

Oh noā€¦

1 Like

Oh no, Illidan shifted into MAXIMUM EDGE.

10 Likes

ā€¦Why is that bad?

11 Likes

Itā€™s not bad, but itā€™s not good either.

For me itā€™s more of an unneeded change yā€™know?

If itā€™s true, what do you think itā€™s the reason they did it?

6 Likes

Why is it an unneeded change? We know that theyā€™re adding stuff.

3 Likes

To have more variance and diversity for the models? A demon hunter model thatā€™s a distinct person and not just ā€œIllidan with a different nameā€ makes sense for the gameā€™s hero system.

21 Likes

I donā€™t know, itā€™s just me.

I would be equally as mad to see a male Warden hero unit.

Hopefully itā€™s only a portrait thing.

1 Like

I love the new portraits, especially the Night Elven ones. I canā€™t wait to play this game!!!

2 Likes

Wowhead comments are saying that there was a statement at some point that they were adding female versions of previously male-only heroes.

4 Likes

Looks like they put pants on the night elf archer.

Like I knew they would. :joy:

1 Like

Those are leggings. Look closer, they stop at her thighs.

3 Likes

Becauseā€¦ THE POWER OF C E N S O R S H I P COMPELS YOU!

5 Likes

Fixed it, thank me later.

9 Likes

The ā€˜legā€™ portion have the consistency of pants if you ask me. Hard to tell from that angle, but yeah.

Seeing as how this sort of thing is no-no in China, Iā€™m not surprised. Just disappointed that Blizzard lied about keeping everything as it was.

But I was entirely expecting them to do something like this, so I suppose I had already braced myself.

3 Likes

Why later, good sir?

Iā€™ll thank you a bunch right now! Free of charge!

Weird thing is, if you check the armor the Night Elves wear during their appereances in BfA, theyā€™re the same if not more revealing than the original WC3 archer model. Heck, even the males are showing full thighs.

9 Likes

Looking at the original archer models, the so-called pants are the same leggings, just more detailed. They also replaced the panties alone with them having a cloth draped over their front. You guys are exagerating.

3 Likes

I do like that the other humans at the very least donā€™t have the stupid oversized shoulderpads. They look much better and I hope it means the art team changed the plate wearers design.

Edit: bleh nvm thereā€™s a plate wearer there and he still has the stupid shoulders.