WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

An option to play the original game? Makes sense to me.

Is it just for the shiny new models? Or maybe its just a leftover from their ideas to update the campaign and forgot to take it out.

2 Likes

If I may be allowed to dream for a moment.

They managed to find time to put in the updates they wanted in the first place.

4 Likes

Damn you for putting this hope in my heart.

2 Likes

If they have found the time for it, then Iā€™m all for it. I donā€™t see anything wrong with additional content. Hope it stays there for good.

3 Likes

Itā€™s also possible itā€™s just leftover from when it WAS going to be a thing.

2 Likes

I heard they were thinking about not desecrating the original story and replacing all the original voice actors with scabs.

How are things going on that front?

we donā€™t know if we are going to have a reforged campaign or not, so we are still on expectations.

Last we heard, they were no longer updating the campaign. Soā€¦you win I guess? Grats on your *****ier product?

3 Likes

Thanks bro!

I guess I would be fine with them mangling the OG campaign if they also included the OG campaign untouched. But if the mangle version was the only option it would be a hard pass from me.

The OG campaign is the peak of Warcraft story telling thus far, soā€¦ Yeah, Iā€™ll take that, thanks.

1 Like

A real purist wouldnā€™t even get WC3:reforged simply because of the upgraded graphics. OG WC3 graphics are far more superior!!!

3 Likes

I was okay with the changes if they kept it to map updates, maybe minor extra cinematics to show what certain characters are doing at certain points. Such as Jaina assembling her group to cross the sea to Kalimdor.

Also the whole re-doing cinematics to be more dynamic and use modern tools rather than just being the fancy new graphics.

You already HAVE that.

6 Likes

Yeah, and honestly, Reforged being a graphically update of the same game is all I really want from it. I do not trust current Blizzard to make good story changes to the game.

3 Likes

An update might have made first contact between the Horde and the Night Elves less ambiguous, might have even put the fault on the Night Elves.

1 Like

Gutting options is never good design decision. If it was their intent to make a faithful remake and also an embellished one, why cry for removal of either?

At the same time, I find it odd how people can be okay with buying an inferior product. I suppose the old idiom is true, a sucker is born every minute.

4 Likes

The Night elves spied on the orcs and attacked them before trying to reason with them simply because Cenarius believed they were demon born. Grom and his clan didnā€™t even know the Night elves existed. And that was all in the original WC3.

Most of the Story updates blizzard had planned was adding in characters that were in the WC3 story but not in the game. Such as Kaelā€™thasā€™ father battling Arthas at the Sunwell. Or changing the map of certain levels such as Stratholme to match the MMO version.

Donā€™t tell me that changing a level design offends you in a major way.

3 Likes

The entire invasion of Quelā€™thalas was going to be redone to fit the current canon, down to the ice bridge to Quelā€™danas and Anasterian and Thalorien Dawnblade defending it to their dying breaths. Now itā€™s just a different tileset.

1 Like

Oh, believe me I know. Iā€™ve argued with some of the more biased Night Elf posters who claim that the Night Elves did absolutely nothing wrong and there was nothing even the slightest bit ambiguous about who can be faulted for first contact going poorly.

Story updates and map changes were what I was most excited for and made Reforged a day one purchase for me.

1 Like