WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

:thinking:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit, actually. They’ve been cutting corners a lot lately, and teams do get moved around. Look at Heathstone, HotS, and WoW with WoD, especially the infamous -cost a raid tier patch-.

I do find it ironic that Acitvision was able to put in changes to Crash racing while also have a classic mode for the older players, but Blizzard either couldn’t or wouldn’t.

5 Likes

I’m going to say it’s probably a bit of both.

They didn’t want to put more money than absolutely necessary into a remake, so they package it as “No changes because it was perfect the first time :smiley:” as a way to try and score some easy points from the “NO CHANGES!” crowd and those who didn’t know they were going to add things.

I was going to to buy this game relatively quickly because Warcraft 3, but eh. I’ll wait for a sale or something.

Man, if the in game Furbogs looked more like these folks I’d vote for them as a new playable race

2 Likes

Lady Satyrs?! We don’t even have those in WoW yet!

New Horde race plz.

2 Likes

The datamined campaign screen had a toggle between Classic and Reforged versions. Vicarious Visions, the ATVI subsidiary that did the Crash remakes(around the time they were also assisting in Destiny 2’s development), is either given significantly more time or is significantly more competent.

It’s amazing, Activision somehow managed to TAINT a classic game through bait and switch tactics. Reforged will be DoA!

Less than a month away from its supposed release date and all we’ve seen is subpar work. The beta is more like an Alpha. The team totally dropped the ball on this one!

3 Likes

I didn’t realize that the Resurrection effect now uses Eyir. Weird.

1 Like

Reforged reminds me of Bioware and Anthem in the sense they expect this “Blizzard magic” to kick in, not realizing what it is anymore.

i am not buying this until they bring what was promised,the reforged campaing.

if not, then i think that i would rather go play. the original wc3.
if i want to see the old lore, i would simply play the old version.

i am not buying that one of the biggest video games company in HISTORY doesn’t have the budget for it.

i don’t care how much more time they need, i already waited 15 years.

4 Likes

Slight issue with that. During an update to the game an error now occurs where certain heroes don’t have an inventory. There are reports that this affects Grom when he first invades Ashenvale and I’ve personally seen Tyrande with no hero inventory in the second night elf mission. And people also talked about this affecting Rexxar when you take him into the other instances, though during the main story line doesn’t seem to affect this. For example taking him to Thunder Ridge causes no inventory but going to the Echo Isles keeps the inventory.

This bug happened awhile ago and I’m unsure if it’s been properly fixed.

We probably won’t know why Reforged will not be as… Well, reforged as they previously stated, but we can make guesses. My own theory is that Blizzard had to urgently move manpower from Reforged to other projects. Probably Diablo 4. With the terrible reception Diablo Immortal got, they needed to have something to show for this next Blizzcon, and so prioritized that instead of Reforged. This would also explain the radio silence from the Reforged team until barely two months ago.
And even then, Blizzard are not who worked on those models, they outsourced it. This makes me feel even more strongly that Reforged was made a low priority project that lost a lot of manpower.

7 Likes

After finally putting in some time to look at WC3:R hope it’s just me, but do these models look a bit off to anyone? Maybe I been playing the original WC3 too long that I’m use to the N64 graphics. lol

1 Like

I think it’s the added texture to some of them, though I’m really digging the Undead and Orcs, love the Chubby Dreadlord myself.

Detharoc really needs to cut back on the Draenei Souls. Look what it did to AU Teron’gor. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

All the models were outsourced to another studio. That’s not exactly surprising.

2 Likes
1 Like

i am confused.

2 Likes