WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

I don’t think cloth plants are going to do much.

2 Likes

More than bare legs.

The art was outsourced to a studio called Lemon Sky. The game’s actual art director left the company about a week ago.

1 Like

They need to outsource WoW material to them. Their work is good.

I wonder why the art director left?

1 Like

Probably because there’s been overwhelmingly negative feedback about a lot of visual elements in the actual gameplay, mainly things being either way too saturated or too washed out and units/spell effects being lacking the clear visual cues they had in the original game, which means a lot of work on Blizzard’s end that they only have about a month to do.

2 Likes

So despite the good work on the characters their are done major game play issues?

Marin Noggenfogger

Huh?

I’m starting to wonder if the art team just set out to make two of every hero, one generic and one lore.

Hence why random heroes are getting added despite not existing in WCIII. They find some hero to fit a role, like Marin or Volcanus, and create a new hero off of it.

It’s probably a holdover from when they intended to have an updated version of the campaign that more closely matched current canon. Marin could have easily been part of the founding of Durotar for example.

2 Likes

I wonder if he was to replace Neeloc Greedyfingers. I don’t believe we have a datamined model for him, and every other one off character seems to be getting one.

1 Like

Hey OP the Night Elves and Undead Units are already out. You should update the Thread now.

Gotta be honest, kinda lost hype for this game when Blizzard made the decision to listen solely to the “NO CHANGES” crowd instead of making a game that could satisfy both bases. I guess it was just too much for them to put a modicum of effort into this game.

8 Likes

I thought it was because they ran out of budget and not just because of the “no changes” group?

1 Like

I find it extremely difficult to believe that a multi-billion dollar company like Acti-Blizz, that made record sales, gave their CEO a raise and fired off hundreds of workers as a result suddenly just runs out of a budget for a non-AAA release.

4 Likes

Did you not play cata?

1 Like

That wasn’t budget, those were time constraints.