WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

That’s…not really the same thing. There’s a plethora of limitations to the editor, especially memory wise. And there aren’t really mod overhauls to this kind of extent.

1 Like

Easily remedied by a content patch or update. Reforged has been deluded into a squandering of resources if it does not explore what has been left out by the rts.

1 Like
1 Like

At this point, I’m just patiently waiting for all Night elf models.

7 Likes

I think nelves are out on Tuesday.

1 Like

Remember how Revenants in WoW are actually a type of elemental that wears armor and not some kinda Nazgul?

Blizzard doesn’t remember.

5 Likes

It wasn’t until Wrath that they got redesigned as a kind of elemental. Official art from the original WC3:

9 Likes

I’m aware, but it’s another of those things that should have been updated to reflect newer continuity.

They also never made sense in the first place because they were this kind of undead roaming around Northrend with seemingly no connection to the Scourge.

They scrapped the plans to update things to match the current canon. It was announced during the deep dive at Blizzcon that there will be no story changes, no new audio recordings, no new missions or alterations to existing missions, no updated cinematics or cutscenes, nothing.

2 Likes

Good.

They shouldn’t taint WC3 with their new, repugnant lore.

5 Likes

or they should? cuz you know warcraft 3 ‘’ old version’’ would still be playable in reforged. still doing just an HD remaster should not have been 160 R$( my coin) but alas, i liked the mount in wow so i’ll be keeping it. but still i paid for a game that had more to it than just an HD models.

2 Likes

The less Sylvanas in Reforged the better. I’m glad they scrapped plans to give her more screen-time. I absolute loathe the character.

2 Likes

The campaign screen had a toggle between reforged and classic versions. It would’ve been optional.

6 Likes

The original game still exists. If you just want the exact same game, go play the original game.

And since every book and chronicle that was released about WC3, after WC3, already taints it with the new lore, the remake of the game should have reflected that.

6 Likes

I still don’t understand why that one revenant wanted to stop anyone from obtaining Frostmourne. What did he know of the blade to make his dying words about protecting Arthas from the sword?

3 Likes

I’m speculating here because of shadowlands, but perhaps the revenants are a part of one of the Covenants, or at least agents of them, and they were trying to warn against falling into the trap of the Lich King? As I understand it, they retconned the lore and made it so the Lich King’s weaponry and armor was stolen from the Shadowlands. Perhaps those Revenants had intended to return it?

2 Likes

In this case they really didn’t have a choice if they didn’t want to provoke whining purists, because Revenants were classed as undead per game mechanics and changing that would affect balance.

1 Like

Not everything. Silvermoon and Dalaran are getting upgraded.