WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

I agree with that to a point, but changing things leads to a very slippy slop. “Well they changed X, why not do Y too?” type of thing.

I’m digging the extra thick Dreadlord, and the models do look nice. Though I am disappointed that there won’t be any new story added.

2 Likes

WC3 Reforged was a day one preorder for me, but if they’re scrapping so much of the content they planned for the campaign… I was so looking forward to that I’m now considering getting a refund.

3 Likes

Honestly, Its pretty much killed my interest in actually buying reforged. I’m not a huge fan of remasters, and while the models certainly look good I was pretty keen to see the new stuff.

The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Like

I guess for me, it’s hard to be upset over it. It would have been an interesting feature to add, but ultimately my interest is in playing WC3 with better graphics. More specifically, using the world editor with these new models. I can understand being disappointed over no changes coming to the campaign, but I can’t really bring myself to be angry about it.

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s not something ruined, though. The entire desire for most people wanting Classic was for it to be as similar as possible in design. Asinine to claim fulfilling that ruined anything when it was the express purpose.

1 Like

Except for the fact that the debuff limit was not an intentional feature during vanilla, it came about due to technological limitations.

And yet the #nochanges crowd still cried that it wasn’t set to 8 instead of 16 for Classic.

Like did you even read the post?

Ah, it seems that Blizzard is getting their peasants from the Uncanny Valley.

Suffice to say, the human models here look… off. Especially the children.

It’s kinda like they wanted to upgrade from Warcraft 3, but leaped right past how the models look in WoW in terms of photo-realism, leaving behind WoW’s aesthetic.

1 Like

As far as new content goes, I was hoping for minor things like Arthas and Anasterian having a bit of pre-battle banter as they did in the lore, and/or acknowledgement in dialogue or a cutscene that this old man is the elf king and has an heir who isn’t currently at Silvermoon (setting up the blood elf campaign). Failing that, I’d take updated/expanded mission synopses to at least tell you who these unique characters are, even if they’re not given any special dialogue or cutscenes.

Failing that, well… then what was the point?

3 Likes

Which is irrelevant because Classic is about recreating said experience by design. The models they provided were resource limited too, but those are still being used.

Because that’s literally the thing they wanted?

‘People ruined vanilla ice cream by not adding sprinkles that they didn’t want even though we have them.’

1 Like

Even though the debuff limit being buffed to 16 was during vanilla anyway.

Which is what I find comical. They didn’t even want changes that happened DURING VANILLA.

1 Like

Wait, isn’t it 16 in Classic now? What was ruined?

I never said anything was ruined. I was giving an example of how the no changes crowd were crying over something that was changed during vanilla. They wanted a pure no changes classic. So instead of starting from patch 1.12 systems, they wanted patch 1.1. However blizzard didn’t give in. Same with the constant “WHAAA, WE WANT ORIGINAL ORIGINAL AV IN CLASSIC” threads which are still ongoing (As bg’s aren’t in classic yet).

I’m pointing out that purists will NEVER be happy unless they get everything they want. And even then, there are some purists who are even more purist than the rest of them.

No idea why i’m repeating myself to you, considering you took my original comment out of context because you needed to move goal posts.

But in all honestly, blizzard is using the “purist” excuse as a scapegoat to cover up their mismanagement of reforged.

As many of have said earlier, there was going to be a “purist” option in reforged. Much like how CTR: Nitro Fueled has one for its story mode. So to say that it was the purists fault for all of these content cuts is asinine.

2 Likes

My mistake if I thought your comments in the same post were related.

ah, resorting to cherrypicking now.

Good for you.

Considering one of the main reasons why reforged exists is to polish up on the lore and fix up continuity errors that came about due to WoW, blizzard removing those because of “purists” is asinine.

1 Like

Just for the sake of having it down at this point in the thread, here’s what the campaign screen looked like when people first started combing through the client. Specifically note the version toggle in the bottom left, next to the difficulty.

3 Likes

What is cherry picked? I thought you were claiming something in Classic was ruined in that context. If that’s not what you meant, I don’t have an issue.

Agreed. Reforged, from my memory, acknowledged improvement changes at inception and by design of concept.

I never thought i’ll see the day that Activision promised something and delivered it over blizzard.

Blizzard is using “purists” as a scapegoat to cover up their incompetence. What has blizzard become when even activision puts them to shame.

2 Likes

You can already do this with mods from hiveworkshop dot com. as it stands, reforged holds water only if it fills in the missing pieces.