WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

I heard from Bellular’s channel that they got another company to handle making the new models.

1 Like

Exactly, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled did is, where you can play classic CTR (so you stay with one character for the whole storyline), or you can play CTR:NF.

So sad that activision can do that for a beloved game but blizzard won’t.

1 Like

Yes, it was outsourced to a company called Lemon something.

Ooh, lady centaurs.

If they changed their minds, that makes them liars. If you say you’re going to do something, and then just decide not to do it, then you lied.

If they are not going to add in new voice lines, it is gonna be weird for the female centaurs and satyrs when you click on them.

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Considering Blizz has confirmed that both Dalaran and Silvermoon get new maps, it seems likely that the datamined unique models will get an appearance in those maps.
Just without voiced lines and cinematics to go with it.

1 Like

No, it means they changed their minds. Lying means they never intended to do it.

2 Likes

Eh, I disagree.

If you CAN’T do something you said you were going to do through circumstances beyond your control, then I’d agree to that. But if you voluntarily decide not to do something you said you were going to do, then you are choosing to make yourself a liar.

If you tell your kid “I’ll come to see you at your baseball game tomorrow.” but then, when tomorrow comes around, you just suddenly decide you’d rather go to the movies, then you’re a liar. Even if you originally planned to go to the game.

Likewise, if Blizzard CAN’T do what they said they were doing for this game, then that’s one thing. But if they just up and decided “Eh, it’s not really worth all that effort to do all those things.” Then they’re choosing to be liars.

1 Like

Finally.

2 Likes

I can’t help but laugh at Detharocs model.

I wonder if he was feasting only on ereder souls. Becoming a bloated and fat demon tends to happen when you do that (see Gorefiend in HFC).

4 Likes

Those undead models look suitably horrifying. I am satisfied by them.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That’s certainly an interesting choice.

1 Like

Actually I have a question about that post. Is this stuff that was confirmed by Blizz during Blizzcon?

I’m glad they fixed the Human Knight but, a Whip as a weapon in a world of leather and plate?

Also! Wtf with those Peons! They made the peons look like etins or starving Ogres.

Blizzard! Make the Peons Orcs again. Also, the glaive weapon for the shadow hunter makes no sense, revert to the old throwing sword please, and thank you.

1 Like

It was all during the deep dive segment. They said it was because of purists, but that’s very likely a lie considering the campaign screen had a toggle between “Classic” and “Reforged”. They also got rid of the Blizzcon 2018 version of the Culling of Stratholme mission, with the new version being exactly the same as the original apart from the models and ground textures.

1 Like

Is it me, or do the shades look like a Dark Templar?

What? Remove the revamped Stratholme?! This is such a disapointment! It was the mission I was most looking forward to! D:
Awww, now I’m sad. :frowning:

Purists have ruined Warcraft 3.

6 Likes

Purists ruin a lot of things. One small change to something and they cry like babies until X reverts the change.

Just look at the #nochanges crowd to classic, most of them were whining about things that changed during vanilla because it wasn’t “vanilla enough”. Since classic started with patch 1.12 systems.

An example was the debuff limit. That wasn’t intentional as it was a technical problem, not a feature of vanilla. However a lot of the no changes cried because it was going to start at the 16 debuff limit and not the 8 debuff limit.

2 Likes

It’s also very disingenuous of Blizzard considering they still have the trailer of the 2018 version up on the bnet launcher.

3 Likes