WC3 reforged datamining (post updated with models)

Good thing that someone finally posted something new so I could post this.
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8824-BlizzCon-2019-Warcraft-III-Reforged-Deep-Dive?page=1#_

All the stuff that was said about WC3 Reforged during the deep dive, including screenshots.

1 Like

Blizzcon info dump. Judging from the amount of scrapped content, It seems the WC3: Reforged team has either run out of time, or exceeded their budget (maybe both?).

2 Likes

There can also be some amount of team relocation because they needed to hurry on other projects (thereā€™s a rumor about them needing to hurry with DIablo 4 development because of the reaction to Diablo Immortal).

The Destroyer is so beautiful that I canā€™t be sad about Detheroc anymore.

1 Like

There is talk that Starcraft2 devs are wanting to or maybe currently working on starcraft3. There is a lot of push on new releases.

wait, so we arenā€™t going to see characters like anasterian or the ashbringer even if we have their models?

now this is a huge disappointment.
if they were too worried about ruinning the original story maybe they should have said it from the start and if not, then why not have a ā€œreforgedā€ and a ā€œclassicā€ campaign?

because with this means that this isnā€™t a reforged, is simply a remaster.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a reason theyā€™re offering refunds now.

1 Like

Just saw this for the first time. Seeing Kaelā€™thas in all his glory made me a bit sad honestly :frowning:

1 Like

Looooooots of creeps and various other units models.

1 Like

If memory serves me correctly, at least for the new story parts, the spin they provided was that they listened to fans who didnā€™t want any changes or re-recorded voice work. So they cut all that out.

So they neglected the majority of those who pre-purchased(new players and old players who want new content) just for the sake of purists?

This is so disappointing

4 Likes

There was a toggle on the datamined campaign screen to switch between the Classic and Reforged versions. Itā€™s a lie.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how I feel about ā€œNo changesā€ for Reforged.

On one hand, Iā€™d love to see some new life to the game I loved, especially if it meant including things like Anasterian.

On the other hand, with how WoWā€™s writing has goneā€¦I donā€™t trust them well enough to do a good enough job with that.

1 Like

i donā€™t know about you but i am angry, there was 2 versions of the campaign that you could chose from., one for the purist, and other who embraced the retcons long ago and was glad to see new characters such as anasterian among others.

Everyone happy.

Now, it was just a lie.

4 Likes

You guys are too quick to call Blizzard liars. Maybe they ran out of time or changed their minds.

2 Likes

well i hope that i am wrong and that we do have a reforged campaign.

it seems like they ran out of time and now have to rush it.

Thatā€™s probably what happened. That much work on the models wouldnā€™t leave them time for the rest.

i am sure that a triple A company could divide the work between modelers and story direction.

1 Like

Keep in mind that this is the classic games team, they said at Blizzcon that their team is significantly smaller than any other development team.

1 Like

i hear a rumor that it was a chinese company in charge of reforged.