Waterwalking

I can’t believe this comment is this favorited.

“Earned”? Really? I get some people did the grind “legit”, but once Timewalking became a thing for Mists of Pandaria, the rep for the water strider just came down to having enough badges, man.

Any and all effort or concept of earning a reward died back then, not now.

I mean, technically you can also do it on any Horde character that turns into a human in Battle of Dazar’alor, since you also get the +10% rep racial while in the raid.

You just have to leave after reaching Revered, and buy the Grand Commendation from the vendor to get double the rep after that, lol.

Well if the effect is in fact character specific then the complaining on the forums isnt entirely unjustified. I try to think that blizzard isnt that stupid but they have surprised me in the past too.

Hopefully they implement it as I understood it and not the way you did.

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact some of us did indeed earn them.

I grinded before the Grand Commendations existed. It took forever.

I have BOTH striders. Nat Pagle rep is no joke. Fishing up Lunkers is a GRIND.

Way to demonstrate entitlement.

Red is harder yeah? Since you can’t roflstomp timewalking on alts and actually have to fish :stuck_out_tongue: I dunno… I don’t have red yet. That’s probably why

Entitlement would be him wanting it removed from the game so they can’t get it.

He, along with me, and the others don’t want it taken away from US because they complained. Which is what Blizzard is doing.

That is not entitlement. That is Blizzard literally stealing our hard earned things.

1 Like

Uhh thats not entitlement?

He’s farming for Water Strider because its being advertised to be able to stride on water, until Blizz take it away.

1 Like

That’s like me going to your house, stealing your car, then screaming “Way to demonstrate entitlement” as you sit on your pavement crying.

And?

Old content always becomes irrelevant and easier to earn. Today’s Mythic raid grind will become next expansion’s transmog runs.

If you need a symbol of your time put in enshrined in a permenant display case, print out a screencap of your /played and stick it on a wall each year or something.

And? The mythic gear is still there.

The water strider water walking is being taken away from us. That’s the difference.

How do you think Mythic Raiders would feel if Blizzard all of the sudden went one day a few years down the line:

“We’re removing the Glacial Tidestorm from everyone who earned it last year, because we believe that it’s unfair that people who didn’t earn it last year didn’t get it.”

I’m sitting here just thinking how, some time ago, Blizz stated that players feel that the water strider feels “mandatory” for leveling alts or going through content. I’m unable to get specific proof of that statement at this time due to being at work, but I do recall it being said.

Oh well. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Not at all comparable. They’re giving any mount the ability to waterwalk, as well as slot to do other things. This is a net gain and expansion of mount features instead of relegating mount choice to either “It’s a flying moint”, or “I’m using a water strider for the water walk”.

I’m not at all surprised people are somehow turning this into a negative, though.

Maybe if Blizz just stop being an :crazy_face: and just add waterwalking equipment and leave the Waterstrider alone, this wont happen? y’know, like Mammoth and Sky golem do.

I’m fairly positive the water strider will receive the same treatment as the Sky Golem in that it’s water walking is intrinsic, but can’t be replaced. It does feel there’s enough of an outcry at the very least to keep it as is.

I’m not seeing how anyone is losing anything. If you have a water strider it will still be able to water walk in 8.2. There is no grind to get the equipment aside from walking to the nearest mailbox and opening it. Every mount you have now will do exactly the same thing when the new system launches.

I am confused what’s happening with the strider?

Because we have to manually buy and attach equipment to every single character.

We have to give up non-dazing equipment in order to have a water walking mount.

Meanwhile, the Sky Golem, arguably MUCH more of a problem than Water Striders, is being untouched.

Whereas they easily could just give the Water Striders the same treatment they’re giving the Sky Golem, and leave them with Water Walking, but unaffected by Equipment.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, the Sky Golem, arguably MUCH more of a problem than Water Striders, is being untouched.

Shhh, don’t give them ideas…