Waterwalking

This is dumb.

I ran 50+ TW runs to get the reputation for it when I came back to WoW.

I could have used those thousands of badges to buy that dragon mount for 5k.
But guess what, I will never get it now because I spent it all in getting the Water Strider Mount for rep.

Wow Blizzard.
This is so unfair.
Now everyone can buy the 5k dragon mount with ease while I will never be able get it due to the burn out of running 50+ dungeons.

Good thing you did if you want water walking. If you hadn’t done the rep stuff then, you’d have to do it now anyway. The mount equipment item that will give your mounts water walking will still require Angler’s rep to buy.

Bright side about maining a shaman for me.

Correction - most of the complaining originally came from the people who didn’t have it unlocked at all.

There was no balance issue - that is like saying you need to use the sky golem to pick herbs or else you can’t compete.

That might be the next thing they attack and yes I have it and I rarely use it to herb because it is ugly. Just like I only use that water strider when I have to cover large areas of water which just does not happen very often. As an adult with the ability to think for myself I can decide do I want to use the strider/golem or enjoy my time on my favorite mount. It wasn’t an issue.

That said most of the complaints are because people either aren’t understanding how this is going to be set up or because blizzard is implementing this in a stupid way. Best to wait until we see on the PTR to be honest.

Also, it is pretty darn ironic that you try to speak on behalf of what owners of those striders want OP, when you yourself have neither of those striders. No surprise you are getting excited about the lose of something you figure you will get for no effort.

On my dk gonna love the daze slot. Im too lazy to run around as blood, thats no fun.

I got the water strider so long ago, everyone complaining I really don’t understand. The games moving forward but opinions are opinions and everyone’s going to feel differently about it. Can’t please everyone no matter what you do, it is what it is.

Welm yeah, allied races should never have been rep locked.

Flying should be made available if the expansion is trivial.

There are many things in the game that sho UK kd be available to everyone and made available in a reasonable fashion.

Anyways, isnt the qater walkjng equiptment available from the same fishing vendor based on rep?
So…you didnt lose anything it just meand you can water walk your other mojnts.

Seriously though, next thing you know, we’ll get equipment like:

“Cold Weather Jacket: Enables your mount to fly in the harsh environment of Northrend.”

“Salty Patina Jacket: Allows your mount to withstand the brisk sea air of Kultiras and Zandalar while flying. Requires Battle For Azeroth Pathfinder Part 2.”

Remember, equipment is destroyed when you remove it.

Oh, you silly people. You thought they were just gonna stop at small things like water walking? Naw. They’re gonna make all mounts ground mounts and make you spend tons of gold on equipment constantly swapping out flight gear when you change continents.

It’s almost as if you can’t read.

It is almost like you have no interest in posting the truth.

I already did. Your confirmation bias just blinds you to it.

I see the issue as this I had a mount that I earned through game play that i could use on every character I have that has water walking. Now that is being removed from me and thus either "forces " me to use the water walking equipment item thus not allowing me to have the option to use other items in the slot or to only use my Death Knight for it’s path of frost ability. it’s much the same as when players said humans had an unfair advantage in PvP due to their racial and other races were “forced” to get a specific trinket to be get the same effect

I have no bias. Unlike you I have the mounts. Unlike you I know who the most of the complaints were coming from, i.e people like you who were too lazy to own the striders.

Also, unlike you I can see the difference between nerfing a collectible item which people generally put forth effort because it is thought of as permanent and gear which has never been permanent.

1 Like

“Too lazy”

I don’t WANT the striders. Waterwalking isn’t THAT good, and it’s a waste of time.

I grind things I actually want, like Allied Races or the Flameward Hippogryph

Rides by with Water Walking on

Hmm? Was the peasantry saying something?

Imagine calling someone lazy for not spending more time playing video games.

If you don’t want water walking why are you even interested in this topic. It almost seems you lack the self awareness to figure that out.

1 Like

Because people are being irrationally irate about the topic.

And…? The item is BoA. It stacks. Buy 400 of them on day one and never think about it again.

Meaning what? Do you currently have a non-daze item that you use on your water strider that will not work in 8.2? Not sure what you mean.

And…? So another mount is not receiving a significant change. I’m sure if they were to add an herbalism mount item the Sky Golem would be changed.

So instead of giving me the option of which buff I want on my water strider, you suggest locking it into just water walking? And this is supposed to somehow give me more choice?

If I want my strider to water walk it can do that. If I want it to non-daze it can do that. If I want it to deploy a parachute it can do that. My strider can’t do that other stuff today.

Where is the nerf again?

Because for the most they don’t understand how it will work since there appears to be contradictory information around and the blue post added to that tbh.

What mythic discussion - pretty sure you are either trolling, lying or have me confused with someone else.

In any case, this isn’t on topic so if you don’t have anything to say on topic maybe you shouldn’t come in and try to derail a thread.