Waterwalking

It’s Blizzard’s game, and it was causing a balance issue. People WHO HAVE UNLOCKED AND USE the water strider were complaining it was the only good mount for them to use!

Claiming that “oh my, it’s my reward, you can’t just give it away!” is extremely narcissistic of you.

First off, they are compensating everyone who did the grind to make up for it becoming ubiquitous.

Secondly, it gives them more design freedom in the end game.

Thinking that anything you worked for should never be easier is a fallacy and is detrimental to the health of WoW. Look at raiding. It only takes for the next raid tier for your hardwork and effort to become dated.

You had the benefit of water walking for 3.5 expansions before they made this change (which they then compensated you for). Get over yourself. Blizzard never claimed it would be a limited availability ability.

EDIT: Removed the word “huge” because it was likely not that huge.

34 Likes

That’s a stupid arguement. I worked and earned the water strider. If you want free water walking roll a Death Knight or a Shaman.

Don’t take away something I earned just because someone was complaining they don’t have the exact same thing I worked for. Thats communism

119 Likes

You cant argue logic or reason to the entitled wow player base.

10 Likes

I couldn’t care less who has water walking. Just as long as they never take it away.

12 Likes

Till they take flying off your flying mount and you have to get it back with a peice of equipment… honestly - anyone can use it now, why take it off the mount that had it?

11 Likes

Ima shaman so I do. I took it from those gerromorphs so now everyone will have to come to me for water walking!

I’d bet my right foot that is what they will do eventually. This water walking is the test run.

13 Likes

how dare you add a DAZE mount equipment slot. i run around in tank spec specifically so i dont get dazed. now all the time i put into respeccing tank is WASTED. thx alot blizz. goofers

14 Likes

Doing the same 4 dailies for 21 days straight isn’t work…

10 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

I grinded out the strider just for the ability BUT honestly I don’t care, the mount e_uipment (missing letter, fml) is a nice idea. Don’t see it hurting anything. Strider still has the ability on the right option. But every mount can, fine on me.

4 Likes

You’re misrepresenting the argument. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone argue that they shouldn’t allow water walking on other mounts, simply that the striders shouldn’t lose their innate ability. Exclude them from the equipment system so they can’t have two buffs, and let everyone who wants water walking on their favorite mounts have it.

31 Likes

Everything you earned becomes obsolete and disposable every 2-3 years.Get used to it.

5 Likes

Technically, I do own Water Walking. I am a Shaman, and I have it in my spellbook to prove it.

On my bars too :laughing:

1 Like

What a surprise. OP himself doesn’t have the water strider mount.

40 Likes

Great post.

Player effort and time needs to be respected or else this game loses its value fast!

15 Likes

OP is defending the fact that Blizzard can take away whatever they want from the game and they should be applauded for doing so even if it alienates and annoys their customers.

27 Likes

That wasn’t true until the diablo B team showed up.

4 Likes

Oh I got what the OP was saying. Was just pointing out that as a Shaman I do own water walking.

I am hopped up on allergy meds waiting for the sleep coma that ensues. Don’t mind me :sleepy:

2 Likes

Imagine getting that raid drop and blizzard says nah were taking it back , watch raiders go into a Rage …

8 Likes