Waterwalking

no, they can’t, because equipment doesn’t unlock until level 100.

No, it is their game. You’re paying for a license to access their servers.

You don’t own the game nor anything in it and thats a fact you gotta accept.

If you have a level 100 toon it does for your entire account, and don’t you get a free boost when you buy the expansion?

1 Like

which means they have to purchase an expansion they’re not ready to play, just to burn a boost on a character they don’t want to play, so they can access something which they previously had.

woohoo! -welcome back!

2 Likes

Fair enough. Perhaps they should allow it to unlock at level 90 then, when you originally could earn the strider.

1 Like

i’m almost feeling the need to use the term: “slap in the face” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i’m going to reserve judgement a bit… at least until we get a little more info via PTR.

1 Like

I thought of something else that might be a solution. Make it like sky golem, right?

" T&E also announced that mounts that have additional effects will not benefit from equipment slots (e.g. Sky Golem), except for your vendor mounts."

In which the strider wouldn’t be better or worse than anything else, retain the water walking, only be able to do that, and, well, yeah, not benefit from other equipment.

Well that’s unfortunate. Maybe you should put in a ticket to blizzard to remind them that they should be designing the game around what is optimal for your character in particular.

It’s a good system idea overall. It will benefit many, be a completely null system for some because they had water walking before and they used their free token to keep having as normal after, and it will hurt none, except the feelings of those that believe no system should be added unless it is beneficial to them.

It’s only a completely null system if you ignore the need to purchase water walking for alts who previously could simply use the water strider.

2 Likes

Think I’m starting to understand both sides a bit better now.

So, here’s my opinion on it. I really wish this stuff was per mount, not per character. That way, striders could have their walking. In fact, it could be a fixed trait on them, they keep it, cool. But that’s the only thing it could ever do.

Then, you could apply water-walking to something else too. It could be of a greatly reduced cost due to the anglers rep you’d have. Pretty cool. You could turn like, five cool mounts into water walking mounts.

Then, you want to glide on flyer 1, 2, and 3? Awesome, apply it to those mounts.

In that scenario, it’s a win. Striders keep their walking but can do nothing else (at the same time, getting it for free), other mounts have more flexibility.

1 Like

I’m out of likes, but +1 from me for this idea. It would increase options instead of forcing an all or nothing choice.

1 Like

I’m withholding judgment also until I see it in effect. I recall the portal change outrage being totally overblown, fake, and manipulated by 10 people made to look like thousands.

2 Likes

The way I’m understanding it is that once used it affects all of your alts mounts as well.

Whoes crying if you did the rep for anglers this shouldn’t be issue ,or thought of in the first place.Inflatable shoes is not a replacement for something that already functions.why did you grind it from about year? I don’t think so,if you did you would be ticked by now.
It’s not entitlement when you worked for it it’s not a given when you place your time to get it.But continue to think that way that’s why the game is losing subs and some your precious mythic esport and other project if this keeps up.

1 Like

Someone’s on a warpath watchout! :crazy_face::joy::joy:

From the blue post:

…with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water.

To me, that sounds like it’s a character wide effect, not an account wide effect. The item is BoA, but the effect is character specific.

yeah i’m hoping we’re all just misunderstanding something, and that while the unlocks for equipment and water walking are account-wide, that equipment traits will be per-mount.

i truly can’t see any sense in each characters mounts being locked to a singular equipment type at any given time.

but it seems very “un-Blizz-like” to let us have a different piece of equipment per mount/per character.
It would just be waaaay more utility than they’re willing to give.

on the other hand, it would be great for the economy if each mount per character has their own item.

This is something I’m thinking of as well. Would breathe life into professions.

You don’t even have to do dailies anymore if you want. You can just wait for Mists of Pandaria timewalking week and buy commendations now.

That’s 4800 Timewarped Badges (according to WoWhead), or roughly 9 Timewalking Weekly Quests. This can be reduced if you are human or save the tokens for Darkmoon Faire week or a Holiday with a Rep Buff.

1 Like

logs onto my human rq