"Water We Can Walk On"

I think the point being made it’s not some grandioso idea. Granted zone wide permanent water walking is a bee thing that will be interesting. Yet before we had things that let us walk on water, and it’s just amusing how much blizzard is hyping it up in their preview.

They were just trying to instill some fantasy into the zone. Thing is half the stuff they said were like kinda oversold… [we’ve had floaty things, spikey things, and being able to walk on water].

Perhaps they need someone better to better prep them on what to say.

1 Like

Air we can climb.

In a game with space monsters, old gods, magic, the undead, etc.

Water walking is most mind blowing.

Tbh I haven’t looked at any pictures of this new zone but the concept sounds cool to me. To be able to go into the water would also be amazing! I liked the outlands a lot because the sky was so pretty to look at, if the ground can capture that same sort of fantasy that could be really sweet.

1 Like

T&E Reset (only need to watch the intro) - they’re fascinated with the water too!

Imagine beating a dead horse this hard.

It’s a cool visual. That’s it. They just wanted to bring attention to the cool visual effect they created.

I’m glad you enjoy them bringing attention to a “cool visual effect” that’s been in the game for years.

2 Likes

They really need to do a check before uploading those videos with a small portion of community or train their Designers, Devs…etc

It’s a cool visual, but it´ll be better if you see it for yourself once you got to that place.

Then the own community will start topics like “the water on zereth mortis looks cool…etc” but on the video sounds really redundant

So please show us where we have walked on water before then

No not shaman water walking or DKs path of frost, some content that had us walk on water

The difference is that most water isn’t designed to be walked on. It’s just water. This is water that they’ve designed to basically be a transparent surface and the surface underneath is designed to be looked at visually rather than swam over.

Like, when you “walk on water” in Arathi Basin, tell me how often you’re admiring the detail in the water. You aren’t, because it wasn’t designed for that.

During MoP the Jinyu provides a buff so you can walk on water also during the Silverpine Forest the Valkyr provides a buff so you can reach the island full of worgen…etc

True, the problem is promoting those details on the video and being redundant, that just promote a predisposition to the player and kills the first impression.

It something the devs think that is the most super special thing ever put in the game for some reason…

And it’s from FFXIV so you know they just gotta use it. :roll_eyes:

I am talking about a zone that had transparency as this

That is what they are referring to as “walk on water” cause they put alot of detail with zereth mortis

Both of you show us where they had water had that much detailed throughout out the expansions, a zone that justs look like zereth mortis

The zone is unique because it looks familiar, like that one dungeon room in the water temple, from ocarina of time

That is probably what they got their idea from

1 Like

True there’s not a zone with the floor like that the problem was promoting a thing that´ll be cool to see for the first time on the video and also they really sound redundant during that part.

similar issue when the quest designer mentioned “flying spiders”, I’m almost sure that spider models won´t fly onlt the mecha spiders from mechagon (can we call those spiders) and the new mecha mounts with 4 legs.

The Sha fight from Terrace of endless Spring, anytime we die on Azeroth, in Pandaria for playing with a water spirit, etc.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good example, it’s not a zone but it has a similar effect.

1 Like

I’m a priest. What water?

1 Like

It’s easy to tell who cares about the game and who just wants to whiteknight for Blizzard.

1 Like

The dread expanse no longer exists, it was a heroic only fight and you were given a debuff that allowed you to “water walk”

That’s given but not considered a zone, plus you’re a ghost you have no weight and that “water walk” is given as a debuff

Also a buff spell

I am talking about a zone that literally gives you no ability to water walk, there is no zone that is like zereth mortis