"Water We Can Walk On"

I’m a little baffled by this 9.2 “feature” commented on in the dev preview video.

We’ve had water-walking since forever. What exactly makes the water in Zereth Mortis so special? I didn’t understand their point.

44 Likes

45 Likes

It’s water that you can walk on without help. I didn’t think anybody would have a hard time understanding that, but for some reason, you never disappoint.

24 Likes

It’s super special water, my guy. It’s like Fiji water, but digital. It’s NFT Water.

It’s more strange and alien than our player character minds can comprehend.

50 Likes

Jesus says, “Hold my holy water.”

16 Likes

It’s filled with the tears of those who quit Shadowlands

41 Likes

It’s part of the fantasy of the zone. They said we emerge into Zereth Mortis standing on a large pool of water. It’s meant to be mysterious and magical.

The normal rules of reality don’t apply here, this is a magic place where we can walk on water.

Also judging by the map there’s a decent bit of water in this zone. So for gameplay it’s also a nice feature that we can supposedly just walk on it without worrying about equipment.

4 Likes

Water we can walk on!!? What’s next? Lava we can swim in?!!! Geez!!!

I on water. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

20 Likes

Kind of a pity that’s all they could apparently think up for some alien setting.

Meh we’ll see once its live

18 Likes

I got the feeling based on what was actually displayed that the “water” we’re walking on is actually going to be solid land that just looks like water and has transparency to those “mysterious” things underneath. I seriously doubt that most of it will be swimmable or dive-able if we wanted to; otherwise they’d need to make some major fixes to how water-walking works in the game today.

3 Likes

Their bodies of water are made of that jelly in cans of Spam.

12 Likes

Or hot dog water ice cubes

7 Likes

12 Likes

Maybe the next expansion could include things like basketweaving and tipsy painting. We could add cougar hunting to the list of weeklies.

Good lord, just fire the whole team. LOL

I could come up with better ideas for a fantasy setting in about 5 minutes.

Let’s see…

WoW feels limited by the current pantheon. Wouldn’t it be cool to just add in a new set of gods? Actual deities that the various factions could worship and grant new alignment defining characteristics (customization.) Opens up new gameplay with ways to appease/anger the gods. Plagues, miracles, etc. New races and monsters that are in conflict with this pantheon. You can tie them to Azeroth in a variety of ways. It doesn’t take a huge leap of imagination to see how.

This hippie nonsense of incubation chambers and walkable water is so sophomoric.

5 Likes

Well for one, it’s water unlike any water we have ever seen before.

There’s also “new” things that float in the air.

10 Likes

why?   

Because it acts as a threshold between Zereth Mortis and some other kind of primordial space right below it.

5 Likes

oh

yes, I can see where that would be a bit awkward lol

2 Likes

Lack of institutional memory caused by employee turnover. Floating rocks and water you can walk on are a fresh, new idea!

18 Likes