Water Strider Water Walking Passive - Removed

This is why I am angry about it. I had to work hard back in Mop to get my strider and I love the thing for the fact that it can walk on water.

I also hate the fact that they offer up a free pair of shoes that will be destroyed if you decide to equip something else… But you can go back to pandaland and buy another pair. -_- More junk to put in the bags.

16 Likes

The complaints in this thread are a good example of WoW players not liking good ideas.

3 Likes

Because Ion didn’t make it and he wants to destroy everything people like that he didn’t make.

15 Likes

Dont think they are complaints, more concerns that hard work is being set aside. For someones new idea.

12 Likes

Ok has anyone thought this through yes the water strider loses its water walking ability even for low levels but when you buy the equipment and use it any mount can walk on water even for low levels I swear GD never uses common sense.

They never said lower levels can’t walk on water with mounts your high levels used the stuff on. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

What a terrific change! I am so sick of using the water strider for gathering, so I don’t have to stop at every brook, river, or lake and switch mounts (or swim at 0.0004% speed). The water strider is very annoying for me. I will be very happy to water-walk on other mounts.

1 Like

That is a truly terrible argument, if you’re claiming they aren’t taking anything away. Because right now, we can do EXACTLY that: ride a water strider with barding on.

4 Likes

That is PTR info which is in all probably wrong since you earn one of them in MoP when you are under 100 so that doesn’t make a tiniest bit of sense.

They wanted to nerf it long time ago, they finally found a way.

Shame…

They should keep his ability I mean we farmed for it.

5 Likes

Above level 100 ONLY, whereas you used to be able to use it at all levels. This is really annoying to those with alts.

4 Likes

Sounds like we are very likely losing the ability to both water walk and use anti-dazing bardings at the same time.

We’ll see how much they think they can get away with.

Adding this equipment is a good idea, but removing the passive from the water striders is unnecessary. Just another in a long line of examples of Blizzard needing to cursed-monkey-paw every good thing they come up with.

4 Likes

This makes sense. With the mount equipment system, everyone would just use the Water Strider with parachute or no daze equipment. I honestly can’t get mad at this, it’s a design choice that makes sense when you factor in the new equipment system.

2 Likes

I have two water striders and I rarely use either unless I am traveling a long distance over water which is like once a month. Otherwise I just use the mount I feel like and hop through the water.

1 Like

Despite the water walking nerf to the striders, can we talk about how great it’s going to be that the Dreadwake mount will no longer sink in water?!?! Still though, RIP water striders.

Vanilla doesn’t have a whole lot of puddles and we get flight after level 60 so I don’t think we are going to feel that.

That said, I doubt the level 100 limit will stick.

Whereas I use it every time I step into Nazmir or Tol Dagor… or go Herbing… or yeah this goes on for awhile.

2 Likes

Walter is going to be very sad about all of this.

5 Likes

When it comes to implementation choices lately it’s pretty safe to say that the most annoying possible choice to the playerbase will be the default they will go with.

11 Likes

They are all about removing choice and forcing everyone to have the same things and be exactly alike .

6 Likes

So … surely they’ve thought of how Druid travel form plays into all this, right? Right? Hahahaaha yeah right.

4 Likes