Water Strider Water Walking Passive - Removed

_Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=291153/mount-equipment-water-walking-and-new-mounts-in-patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara?webhook/mount-equipment-water-walking-and-new-mounts-in-patch-8-2-rise-of-azshara_

Quick edit: The Strider loses it’s passive, for all mounts being able to walk on water with the right equipment on; however, anyone below level 100, can’t walk on water.

8 Likes

What? People are using a water walking mount we put into the game to walk on water??? That doesn’t sound right at all, let’s put an end to that.

133 Likes

People with Walter Striders get a free Water Walking equipment and they can buy more cheap from the Walter Strider vendor.

We aren’t losing anything. We are getting mount freedom.

27 Likes

And here I was thinking that things were looking up for player convenience…

17 Likes

So, next, the Sky Golem should lose its ability to gather herbs, to further obtain true mount freedom.

40 Likes

Sky Golems don’t benefit from the mount equipments.

The title is misleading.

What their actually doing is removing its innate water walking effect, giving everyone who owns it 1 of the water walking mount item for free, and adding said item to the Anglers rep vendor for a low cost.

If they left it as a innate perk, we would be in the same situation as we are now, with the Striders being super useful compared to other mounts, since you could water walk AND be immune to daze for instance.

5 Likes

Mount equipment just more crap we didn’t ask for.

61 Likes

Thanks I hate it.

21 Likes

But on a more serious note…

Why give us a water walking strider just to change their minds and take away the main reason to have the strider?

31 Likes

But on a serious note cause they know deep down inside this what you want.

1 Like

This makes no sense. I earned the mount at level 90. Why wouldn’t I be able to use it at level 90?

Why does the WoW dev team hate the players?

64 Likes

Alright, but why not do the same thing with the Striders - let them have the innate water-walking, but they ONLY get the water-walking perk.

24 Likes

what a nice way to put more players OUT of the game

22 Likes

This game is full of stuff that “we” didn’t ask for.
Most of the things in the game (almost every quest, building, tree, lake, river, NPC, storyline, boat, mount, pet, weapon, piece of armor, food item, crafting reagent, etc) was thought up and developed by the devs. None of this “we” asked for.

5 Likes

Water Striders weren’t a big deal when we had day one flight. They were just novelty.

Now they ruin mount choice by being the clear winner from an objective PoV.

Also: They are not taking anything away. Unlocking Water Striders now give you Water Walking for all mounts on a convenient vendor.

3 Likes

You are losing the ability to have a water walking mount on sub-level 100 toons.

And also your 100+ toons all have to pay to use it again.

38 Likes

I mean there’s a lot of reasons released today that don’t quite do it for me to resub, but this?
This is a solid argument against ever resubbing.
Glad to leave this team behind, they are the freakin worst.

19 Likes

Because then people would just pick another Equipment and change to the Water Strider when they had to cross water, which would effectively mean double dipping on Mount Equipments.

1 Like

Oh yah your right wow is all we didn’t ask for.