Water Strider Water Walking Passive - Removed

I’m sure they won’t listen to any player feedback or make any changes to things that have only been played by a select few people before PTR even hits.

6 Likes

So they are making it hard again to level alts? Most of my alts use the Water Strider. I grinded for both of them.

Glad to see Blizz hasn’t changed. Give the players one thing and take away another.

30 Likes

¬_¬

:roll_eyes: times 2

9 Likes

Full stop. This is asinine. The entire point of grinding for the water strider was for leveling. I dont want the equipment at a reduced price, I want my mount to work as it should.

62 Likes

Oh, that’s good!

Glad I didn’t waste any Timewalking Tokens on Angler’s rep.

I’ll get a different mount with them instead

2 Likes

Wait, what? This is garbage!

We get a “single equipment slot” meaning we have to choose between what we want to use it for, so when the strider loses it’s ability to do WHAT we grinded rep for, we have to choose if we want water walking or something else.

Plus, at lower levels you will not be able to walk on water at all. People may not care if you can fly, but up to lvl 60, that mount is very useful.

Should I mention again the fact that we grinded rep for that mount for the specific reason that it walked on water.

What is wrong with these developers?

50 Likes

Sometimes I feel they are sabotaging the game on purpose so they can shut the game down and move to mobile games or something.

23 Likes

Exactly!

People worked for their Water Striders. Removing their ability and adding an item that has no use for your low level alts that can actually benefit from the Water Striders ability is just a straight up jacka$$ move on Blizzards part.

26 Likes

Oh look, more misinformation spreading and dramatizing in order to criticize WoW and the devs. GD will find a way to whine about literally anything.
This is a good change.

4 Likes

Eh, I’m a Druid so it doesn’t really effect me.

1 Like

Ahh… this is the Blizz that i’ve always known, i thought i might’ve lose them for a second.

Blizz also need to remove Sky Golem herbing while mounting skill too, or everyone would just use Sky Golem enchanted with water walking.

5 Likes

Except it’s worthless for any alts you might be leveling as sub-100 you can’t use any mount equip.

3 Likes

Good.

:tipping_hand_woman:

Pretending the vast majority of mounted people we pass running across the BfA zones aren’t on water striders is just wrong. You can easily see how bonkers necessary they are.

3 Likes

I’d rather they just remove the ability to use equipment on water striders than remove the passive.

14 Likes

Why Blizzard doesn’t just keep the water striders passive but make them ineligible for other equipment so players can’t double dip baffles me. It’s the best solution. If people want to water walk on a mount they like more than the water strider they can use the equipment to make it water walking. No harm no foul. Once again Blizzard, with something that should have been amazing you miss the mark. Blizzard never fails to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

24 Likes

Honestly this whole issue is going to be a moot point anyway. Waterstriders were privileged only because BFA hasn’t unlocked flying yet. If you’re leveling an alt and you’re in a sub-100 zone, you can just buy flying. Why walk over the water puddles when you can choose to fly over them instead?

1 Like

Sometimes I think they have “What can we do to anger the most player” contests. Winner gets a free steak dinner.

23 Likes

Because you can’t fly before 60? It’s not even the main issue. The issue is the people that put in the time and effort for something are losing it and being given a participation trophy as a consolation.

26 Likes

They also have a steak dinner for all those who agree with everything they do. Keep that in mind.

4 Likes