Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Which is stupid considering how long it takes for them to open up flying after content becomes trivial.

2 Likes

No. The bright side is that now I can waterwalk on my spider mount and annoy the heck out of those people whose daily highlight is the points they give themselves for trying to ruin other people’s experience in a videogame.

1 Like

Well is there a bright side? They could have added the gear and not nerf the water strider. Yet they decided to nerf the water strider for no reason.

The strider is a unique mount that a person had to put time in and pay gold for. The ability it had was to walk on water. Then later on you could use it on any of your characters. Now, Blizzard nerfs a hard earned mount for no reason and forces a person to buy the equipment in order to walk on water. I do not see the bright side here.

You accused me of not playing the game. Poiting to io seems like sufficient proof. Btw I have a water strider, and I hate the fact that it is the only mount I use.

then dont use it

7 Likes

Confirmation? Because my impression was that we selected a buff and it was across all mounts for a given character. So, slot water walking shoes into the mount equipment slot, and all mounts have water walking.

3 Likes

it has a mechanical advantage, if you didn’t realized this yet. I will not lose a class ability to change the looks of my mount.

Pointing at your io says nothing whatever about any other part of the game you may or may not have played. BfA mythic dungeons are but a tiny part of the game, insignificant in scope.

If you do understand how the entire game works, then why do you write as if you are unaware of so many things?

1 Like

I for one welcome the change. I hate seeing nothing but waterstriders and only using them myself.

1 Like

Dude, I play since wrath, stop accusing me of not playing the game. I’ve been active in all expansions. This has 0 relevance to the topic.

In a really minor % of the enviorment i suppose. But you made your choice… then again you think

lol…maybe it isnt your choice. Gotta get those game breaking gains!

1 Like

This is the fix we should all be demanding. Leave all unique mounts alone, let equipment only work for mounts that lack abilities already.

4 Likes

Because we know how Blizzard operates. Water walking potions aren’t quite the same thing. The barding you use once and it operates for 2-8 hours. Water walking potion you have to reapply every time you get hit by a mob and only last for ten minutes if you don’t get hit. So, since the barding is a set-and-forget item, there’s no way they’re going to leave it in when they’re putting in a set-and-forget equipment slot that does the exact same thing, only without a time limit.

If they don’t remove the current barding we have? Some of the problems go away. But that’s exactly why they will remove it.

Aside from all this, this is an overcomplicated and unnecessary system that will further alienate people who come back after a break. Imagine how pissed people will be when they come back and their strider doesn’t work anymore and they don’t know why. I wonder how many will log right back out and never log in again…

Another bad decision by a bad development team, looks about right.

4 Likes

Lol, as does your io score.

I guess we’ll just have to leave it to other readers to guess why you don’t seem to understand how the game has worked and does work. Aside from doing a few mythic dungeons, of course.

It’s true with flight.

you are the one bringing it up dude. I’m just defending myself against wild accusations.

If they go down that path then people who have the strider would use a different item, and still be able to use the strider any time they wanted water walking. This would effectively give them two equipment slots on a character. That isn’t where Blizzard is wanting to go with this I’m guessing.

1 Like

This is clearly the right solution, so naturally Blizz won’t implement it.

2 Likes

ignoring the fact that this would completely break the new system by removing any reason to switch equipment.