Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Why not address the real argument instead of making up a fictional one?

Waterwalking mounts arent broken in the least just as DKs and Shamans having WW isnt broken in the least

In fact of the 3 the strider is the least useful

5 Likes

You mean like the artifact fishing pole?

Ok didn’t knew about that one. It will probably get nerfed at some point.

And the outrage for that will be so amazing they won’t actually nerf it.

You clearly don’t even know what’s in this game. I have about two rows worth of items in my inventory that permanently exist that teleport me to places all over the world. That’s not even going into things that are in my spellbook as a non-mage or my toybox.

7 Likes

Isn’t it odd how a lot of people who have the strongest opinions about how good much-hated nerfs are for the game don’t actually seem to have played it much at all?

5 Likes

1518 io on this season, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Gee, I didn’t know io told us about how much old content you have played. Thanks for the update. No wonder elitists complain about people with high io’s and high ilvls don’t know how to do dungeon mechanics.

5 Likes

yes, there are toys that teleport you to specific places. Nothing even close to the porting ability that mages have.

That’s about as compelling an argument as, “You’ve had your car seven years, and we think you’ve gotten good value out of it. So, we’re taking away your ability to drive it, but here, have a bus pass, and a discount on future bus passes.”

There’s no reason they couldn’t exempt the water strider from the equipment system, like they did the sky golem, and allow the people who are that upset over being “forced” to ride the mount use the equipment system to give all their mounts water walking.

8 Likes

So you accuse me of not playing. when I mention I am at 1518 io you shift the goal post to “not playing old content”. I play this game since wrath, I don’t need to do old content since I’ve done it while it was current content. This is the character I’ve created to play on this expansion. And how is this relevant to anything anyway?

First off, you can spout that off all you want, but you’re posting on a 360 character with no achievement points, so you can’t use that as a qualifier for anything. Secondly, even if you actually do M+, that doesn’t mean you actually know much about the game at large. It means you know how to do M+. The fact that you don’t know about the existence of engineering tinkers, the artifact fishing pole, wormhole generators, and a whole host of other items that “negate” class abilities (at a much lower cost than the thousands of gold that the azure strider costs or the dozens of hours it take to get enough lunkers for friendship with Nat Pagle plus the currency for the crimson strider).

And if you do actually do M+ on an Alliance character, you should know exactly how much this is going to screw over Alliance in Siege.

5 Likes

More like “You’ve had your car seven years, and we think you’ve gotten good value out of it. So we are going to let you drive any car you want now."

2 Likes

people doesn’t seem to look at the bright side, now my fatty yak can run over water while I transmog with his floaty shoes.

Well, for some reason you told us your io score in a discussion of old loot. That tells me you think your io score (not all that high actually) gives you some sort of special privilege.

It doesn’t. We could all guess why you’re here pushing this agenda of yours, and it has nothing to do with some mount that was working as intended for years suddenly being horribly broken.

6 Likes

no such thing as a bright side, since we live age of rage

1 Like

Except that’s not what’s happening. It’s more like, “You’ve had your car with air conditioning for seven years. You also bought a stereo to go with it. Now you can have either the air conditioning or the stereo, not both.”

4 Likes

Apparently you have to buy the equipment from the anglers vendor to use waterwalking on mounts so guess you didn’t waste your time.

If being one of the best Mythic+ healers in my server is not playing the game enough for you I don’t know what is. I would link you to my Io page but it wont let me.

And if you do actually do M+ on an Alliance character, you should know exactly how much this is going to screw over Alliance in Siege.

never played on the horde, side. Couldn’t care less.

Why are people assuming the consumables will go away? I doubt the water walking potions will, so why would any of the others?

1 Like

They exempted the sky golem; it keeps its herbing ability, but doesn’t benefit from the equipment slot. They could do the same with the strider to avoid stacking buffs.

6 Likes