Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Does farming herbs and counts as being out in the world? Because ive made a few mil this expansion alone off of herbs to say ive traversed the lands plenty and know what theyre like

1 Like

It’s not if you factor in barding. It’s a straight nerf.

4 Likes

But I really really want to see that boat glide over water.

I don’t even have one and I’ll just say yeah… its rediculous to take the unique value of a mount away, right when your giving the benefit you had to anyone on any mount. But as I’m learning… this is Blizzard and they seem to love doing this kind of thing for no reason.

5 Likes

Yes, it’s a nerf, which is what I’ve clearly said. Currently you can have both anti-daze and water walking at the same time. Under the new system, you can’t have both at the same time and the system to switch them is not one that allows you to just switch back and forth when you need to cross a body of water.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for proving my point. There isn’t a single thing in the game that gives you a reward so powerful that permanently gives you a class ability. Now DKs and Shamans will have the unique ability of walking on water.

Placing the most powerful reward in the game behind a rep grind on an old expansion is a really really bad idea and the reasons why are obvious.

The fact that you dislike the look of it does not change anything.

The mount update would not be able to work with the water strider unnerfed.

1 Like

Of course, I do the same myself. With herbing it really depends if you use the item that lets you collect herbs/ore mounted or not and the path you take.

If you use that item the WW mount is by far the best thing you can use unless you are a DK, if not the Herb mount is the best choice.

I farm along the river north of Boralus most of the time so the mount there will save you a good amount of time if you want to spend the gold on the item that lets you herb/orc mounted rather than use the herb mount.

While that is indeed true, it still sucks that people lose waterwalking, and have to use up their slot for something they had before the patch to get it back. I totally get it is free, and inexpensive at the vendor for the rep.

But tell me you did not envision water walking and no daze mechanic? I sure as heck did.

But I am in the lucky minority, it will only affect me eveyr 10 minutes and I can still have my no daze.

Hmmmm perhaps I will stand by the docks selling WW for a gold a cast. LOL

I’m glad that you, as a non-owner, can see how ridiculous this is. I’ll also note that anyone who wants to become an owner of a water strider can do so extremely easily now. The MoP Timewalking vendor sells rep tokens for the Anglers. If someone doesn’t have a water strider by now, it’s completely by choice.

4 Likes

I will generalize that making a practice of removing old things that people spent time working on devalues all future content, since what we learn is that devs have no respect for our characters’ ownership of what they earned.

Why spend years farming a rare mount when they can just nerf it away on us?

A major reason so many people are here is because of supposed lasting durability of the things we worked to earn. Take that away and no one has any reason to do old content. Without that, a great many players will be gone, especially given the quality and quantity of most content in this expansion.

The idea that people will take up mythic raiding or mdi if [insert unexpected old content nerf here] is utter hogwash.

6 Likes

Diferences being that the barding is temporary and it costs money, while the mount equips are permanent until switched. And that the water strider is the most broken thing in the game and should have been fixed in Wod.

This is ridiculous. There are tons of things that negate minor class abilities. There are various items that increase mount speed. There are items that allow underwater breathing or swim speed. There are items that allow slow fall.

This has nothing at all to do with shamans or dks, it’s because the current dev team hates the water strider. They’ve tried to remove or restrict the water walking on it in the past and not done it because of the outrage it caused.

7 Likes

Whew somebody better tell shamans and DKs they have he most broken abilities in the game. Waterwalking OP lol

7 Likes

There are tons of things that negate minor class abilities.

Ok tell me 1 that is permanent.

There are various items that increase mount speed. There are items that allow underwater breathing or swim speed. There are items that allow slow fall.

Temporarily, with gold costs.

it’s because the current dev team hates the water strider

Probably because it is the most broken thing currently in the game.

Seriously? A water walking mount is the most broken thing in the game? Most classes don’t get used in the MDI at all, and a water walking mount is the most broken thing in the game? Every tier there seems to be 1-2 specs 20% ahead of the #2 spec in the game, but a water walking mount is the most broken thing in the game? Every patch or expansion has at least one spec that’s taking its “turn to be bad,” but the most broken thing in the game is a water walking mount?

I don’t know what game you’re playing, but it’s definitely not the one that actually exists.

6 Likes

Guess we should remove those unique abilities too!

3 Likes

Whew somebody better tell shamans and DKs they have he most broken abilities in the game. Waterwalking OP lol

Ok, imagine an item that permanently gives the ability to anyone be able to breath under water and have increased swim speed like druids. Or an item that lets you teleport to any city, or an item that gives you the permanent ability of becoming invisible, etc… etc…

There is nothing this broken in the game, nothing equivalent to this.

Not broken, never broken. Working as intended.

The most broken thing currently in the game is Guardian Druids.

3 Likes

You mean like the artifact fishing pole?

6 Likes

Goblin glider and parachute cloak are both permanent. You also have to pay thousands of gold to get the azure strider in the first place, so your claim that having to pay gold for the various other things that negate class abilities is clearly irrelevant.

6 Likes