Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Then yeah nothing mentioned yet, a few people like yourself have asked though.

Based on what they are doing with the water walking stiders, no. You will have to gain reputation with a new group in order to purchase the same recipe you are using today to do the exact same thing after 8.2. The old recipe is still there, it just no longer works the same.

Why spread the wrong information about something we donā€™t even know anything about? By the way, the item Pheonia is speaking of doesnā€™t even require a rep.

Also no longer works the same? Soā€¦ instead of leatherworkers getting the 8 hour buff, an exalted rep gets it? But everyone else still gets 2 hours?

1 Like

sarcasm I am fluent in it. Its a great language, you should give it a try.

While I spoke my mind on this topic seriously, there are very few things worth being this serious about.

Hard to spot text form sarcasm, especially on GD.

Sorry but I have no idea how you can go from: ā€œWe are converting the water strider ability into a new system of mount equipmentsā€ to ā€œcraftable items related to mounts and goblin gliders (for some reason) will be deletedā€.

Even if this was true and the old items will be updated to new ones, this is not a bad thing. And how is goblin glider related to any of this?

Sorry but after investing tens of thousands of hours in this game, I really canā€™t take seriously someone complaining about 1 hour of farm that they did far in the past being less relevant.

Iā€™d rather we made water walking an ubiquitous feature across all my mounts, than maintain it on my action bar whenever I come across a puddle.

Really? Did you not watch the video? There are other mount ā€˜gemā€™ options besides just the water walking. The other two items that were shown were not being dazed option (which replaces the Leatherworking barding currently in game) & the slow fall option (which replaces the goblin glider currently in game). If we get to keep these current-in-game craftable items along side the new gem slots then I think some people, including myself, will ok with this change. If we lose the current craftables in lue of the new mount gem slots, then there is a big problem. The Hazelnutty video said the new mount gems will be made via professions. Will they new ones completely replace the current ones & therefore limit our options?

The description of the new slow fall mount option doesnā€™t say if you can control the direction of your decent like you can with the Goblin Glider or if it is just a simple slow fall like the priest spell ie, no control what so ever.

tldr: It isnā€™t only water walking blizzard is messing with.

You can do both.

Not reallyā€¦ Maintain water walking on the strider and activate an additional equipment slot and the strider becomes the god-tier mount. Maintain waterwalking on the strider and open up equipment slots for every other mount, and Iā€™ll have the other mounts for land with no-daze and the strider for puddles.

Maintain the unique utility and no matter how you spin itā€¦ the strider still becomes a mount maintained on the action bar.

Personally. I donā€™t really care that much about the utility. Iā€™d rather we got new utilities that affected us in new ways. As I said aboveā€¦ How about a jumping mount like the saurok in isle of thunder. Iā€™d MUCH rather jump across those puddles then water walk across them. Heck put in a progression system that less us improve the utilities.

Itā€™s potentially a bad thing since the new versions canā€™t be used at the same time the way the current versions can. At the moment, I can use water strider to get water walking and use leather worker crafted bardings to not get dazed and use blacksmith crafted horse shoes to interact with objects and a goblin glider to drift to the ground if I fall off a mountain. Of the 4 items/abilities I just mentioned, three are being made as mount equipment items - water walking, anti-dazing bardings and parachute.

Blizzard hasnā€™t said outright that the current items are going away, but those of us who have learned the hard way to anticipate the worst any time Blizzard adds a new system are fearful that the current items will be made unusable so that folks are forced to choose one ability per character rather than being able to use all.

The water strider would not be eligible for any of the new equipment items. The water strider can be left alone and everyone else can get their water walking on other mounts at the same time. I really donā€™t understand this sort of narrow thinking. It doesnā€™t have to be one or the other, it can be both.

Speaking for myself, I will be pissed if I have to spend 5k per character on the water walking equipment when I already had that functionality for free before.

Well I didnā€™t spend 5 months of nat pagle rep grind because it was a cool mount,it was all about it riding on water;if it wasnā€™t for the water riding I wouldnā€™t have bothered.

Iā€™m sorry, how hard is it to understand that if I have inherent water-walking on that mount, Iā€™ll put no-daze on everything else and get effectively 2 equipment slots worth on a 1.5 cast time.

Am I thinking too narrowly for you?

Yes you are. You can earn the same benefit I have and earn the strider. You can even earn it much easier than I did.

You just want the benefit without the effort.

1 Like

I have the striderā€¦ Try again.

Than say how it breaks the game again?

Iā€™m talking about a compromise to leave the water strider alone and not take away its ability to walk on water so alts and the players that already use it arenā€™t forced to spend huge amounts of gold to get what they already had. The strider would NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE OTHER ITEMS because it already has water walking.

1 Like

Your response solved the problem they are saying they have. It doesnt solve the actual problem though. The problem is Ion hates the water strider. Your solution makes everyone happy but Ion. Making the water strider worthless is Ions goal and your solution doesnt fix that. Thats why the strider has to be nerfed despite there being no valid reason for it - see Sky Golem as a comparable solution.

1 Like