Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

No,we will lose it totally.

Nope.

In other games low level mats are important for end game mats or you are giving the option to use old gear to upgrade to new end game gear.

BFA gear into mats is only relevant for BFA exclusively. WoW team designs each expansion as a stand alone game compared to other MMORPGs. Watcher currently and recently stated they will stop this approach and try to make more lasting changes to the game.

Lineage 2 still has millions of players worldwide so your google fu needs work. Lineage 2 like WoW had the best classes when each had a diverse tool kits. Pruning has hurt both games which is why classic versions are more popular or eagerly awaited (eg WoWā€™s case).

GW2 is by definition a MMO and not a MMORPG. But over time MMOs are acting more like MMORPGs and many MMORPGs have drifted into generic MMO categories (eg WoW).

It isnā€™t the same thing.

In City of Heroes the side kick features worked by leveling you down to team with lower leveled players. That only applies in WoW for timewalking events. But outside of timewalking events the scaling is done differently in WoW compared to other MMOs and MMORPGs.

It is done in such a lazy way where you canā€™t feel character progression or power out in the world in WoW.

Other games donā€™t need to have huge item level jumps to engage the player because they have real character progression systems.

WoW hasnā€™t had a new talent tier since WoD. New baseline abilities added as an expansion feature for classes havenā€™t taken place since MoP.

You are actually illiterate. I am so sorry for you.

why thank you and what are you? scroll up to the link.

Read all of it, and you too will know and understand. :slightly_smiling_face:

The water strider itself loses its natural water walking but on patch day you get a free equipment (since you are exalted with anglers since you HAVE a strider already) and if you want more you get them from the anglers vendor. Please tell me how your rep ā€œgrindā€ is devalued when the ONLY way to walk on water today and in 2months will be to get exalted with the anglers.

if itā€™s ā€œper mountā€, iā€™m ok with it.
ā€¦but it doesnā€™t seem thatā€™s the case, based both on wording, and the UI image provided.

Even the text on the equipment seems to imply that there is only one slot covering all mounts.

ā€¦seems like poor implementation if we canā€™t apply the equipment ā€œper mountā€.

1 Like

What it actually says is

One. As in, one of the ways to get it.

nope, itā€™s clear as mud, and very ambiguous (as usual)

1 Like

I did read it, and what Iā€™m seeing is that this supposedly great equipment slot will make all of my mounts have the exact same buff. That I canā€™t have one mount for water walking and a different mount with an anti-daze buff.

In other words, itā€™s absolutely worse than what I have right now, today. Because right now, I can have a mount with water walking and use an anti-daze item on a different mountā€“or the same mountā€“if I want.

:+1: mk! :+1:

Its also the only way provided atm. So we are now uproaring about a system we donā€™t know anything about but the POSSIBILITY there could be multiple? Honestly threads relating to this info dump should not exist at all until 8.2 touches PTR because all it does is promote ignorant responses towards each other since literally no one besides the devs know everyting.

The water strider can no longer be called a Water Strider. So what do we call it now? ā€œThe Sinkerā€

1 Like

Yeah, people like to speculate about stuff. It looks like youā€™re the one getting angry at people over your own mistake of seeing ā€œonlyā€ in that sentence, though.

I canā€™t ā€œlikeā€ this enough.

The problem with this mount equipment idea isnā€™t the removal of water walking from the strider. Itā€™s the forcing of us to choose only one buff at a timeā€“a buff which we lose the instant we change to a different buffā€“AND we have to repurchase a new buff every time we wish to change it.

What iā€™m getting at why take the ability at all? Sure i can equipment a slot for water walking and it would be for all mounts ,but why take the ability away when it already has it ?

Has for my rep grind ,did that and wearing the stripes for it.

Agreed. Thereā€™s multiple threads about this, a blue hit one up, 5hrs ago which is posted in the wowhead link. But isnā€™t this how GD always goes?

There are 3 threads about the water strider right now with over 300 comments each. This conversation is only going to spread more confusion than enlighten anyone because no one in this thread knows anything about how the system will eventually work. There could be 6 ways to walk on water. There could be just the 1. Who knows? No one will for 2 weeks since 8.2 is probably not touching PTR until M CoS is off of it.

1 Like

So i took the time to get the mount myself, iā€™m not super butthurt over this but i think your right it does devalue the strider and kinda circumvents the classes that have water walking built in.

I think it would have been more interesting to have like a sprint or maybe like a higher jump or something, the idea of mount equipment sounds cool but this seems kinda lazy and would rather just have consumables that did the same.

It seems to me, they donā€™t want players to be able to water-walk on a mount and apply a different piece of equipment on another. ALL our mounts have to have the exact same ability. If we want to change that ability, we have to purchase a new piece of equipment and equip it, which removes the first ability and forces ALL mounts to have the new one. If we want to go back to the first ability, we have to repurchase the equipment, apply it, and ALL mounts will have the first ability again.