Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

I’m normally, I do a wait and see but that’s now with Blizzard it’s right now and it’s no.

I have never fished in my life (to my knowledge) and I have the water strider. There was no rep grind so I don’t understand why you are flaunting your achievement like you killed M Jaina or something. I am just glad that I don’t have to stare at the ugly mount.

Also, even IF you are limited to one equipment for all mounts the water walking one is currently the only useful one anyway.

They already said the PTR is starting next week. I don’t know why you’re suddenly talking about enlightenment when you were just spreading misinformation.

If they wanted everyone to have all of them at once they would just make them baseline abilities. Having to actually interact with the game and make choices is the point. And it gives more relevance to professions which actually need help, especially the gear crafting ones which will more than likely get these.

But doesn’t me spreading misinformation further prove my point? Blizzard is far from clear in how these systems work. I interpreted a sentence differently from intention. Language sometimes works like that. When PTR drops and we all can very easily see ALL sources of ALL the equipments then people will have a reason to be up in arms about some things. As it stands now though, people are making assumptions. Both me and the other 300 some odd comments.

It will still waterwalk and won’t cost you anything, except a trip out to see the Anglers to get one of the water walking tokens free for having the rep at the required level. Tack the token to your water strider, case closed.

So because you misinterpreted something… you want everyone else to stop talking about the upcoming patch. That’s why you’re calling people illiterate. Okay.

Well,sorry you never did the rep grind but others did back in Mop at the time.You may have just started this game but others have been around along time even more than me.To have what you achieve ,even if it was an ability taken is a slap in the face.

Please tell me right now exactly how many water walking equipments there will be and how to get them. For all we know they could add ONE more and it is getting exalted with a new rep (they ARE all water based) and it could be even more tedious than angler rep. Until we all have that information people shouldn’t talk about how there being multiple sources “devalues” their rep “grind” when there is a chance that any added could be MORE grindy to get than anglers.

which part of this says “free of charge”?

if you head to the vendor where you bought a Water Strider, you’ll be able to buy more of this item for a greatly reduced price as an advantage for those who already have the Water Strider.

…because it clearly mentions price.

This argument is pointless though. Does having a shaman in your group devalue your grind as well? How about a DK? As it stands now in 2(?) weeks anyone that doesn’t have a water strider gets another fairly free pass at getting anglers to exalted in next to no effort assuming they have a couple 120s.

I’m not a shaman or a dk i’m a mage.Yeah i see it is pointless you don’t get it.

T&E announced that if you have a Water Strider on 8.2’s launch, you will get a free [Inflatable Mount Shoots] item which lets all your mounts walk on water.

That part.

T&E announced that if you have a Water Strider on 8.2’s launch, you will get a free [Inflatable Mount Shoots] item which lets all your mounts walk on water. In addition, if you head to the vendor where you bought a Water Strider, you’ll be able to buy more of this item for a greatly reduced price as an advantage for those who already have the Water Strider.

Hey, thank you very much. Apparently finding, linking to and providing when in that stream any of this was discussed was too much to ask for.

Why are you asking me? I never claimed to know anything beyond what we’ve been told. You were the one getting frustrated because other people didn’t know there was only one way to get the equipment. You were proven wrong and now you’re trying to backpedal and say that your actual point was that we don’t know anything.

Just apologise and shut up…

Which is an equipment slot and you only get one.

What games? Old gear in WoW is still good while leveling, same as in other games + transmog which many other games does not have.

Enchanting for old enchants is still a thing and used to this day. Some of the old enchants are worth thousands. While it’s not broken down into matts used in gear it’s still done for enchanting. Again WoW’s prof is bad but this is in this game.

I don’t think that’s true and would love some proof. Steam has had two people play in the last hour… They have classic servers that are more popular but their still low population. They do have a ton of botters like other old games but the game pop is not that high for a MMO.

No, it’s an MMORPG. An MMORPG is a game where you play the role of a character, I understand what you are trying to say but you are trying to change the definition of an MMORPG when what we really need is a new word to describe things.

I would love this system but WoW unlike other games does not care as much right now about low-level content. Not to mention it actually has a good population so even the old zones will have people throughout them and plenty for dungeons any time of the day. The real problem is that we level so fast and everything is so easy that it promotes anti-social behavior so people rarely group up with strangers.

I don’t completely agree with this, I do feel more powerful when I unlock new skills and passives. I agree that gear feels pointless outside of thinking, mainly because we level so fast. After vanilla leveling became less important in WoW and more of a grind to max level, something I think was a mistake. You also gain too few skills, passives and talents between the levels and it’s why they are thinking about a leveling squish.

After WoD, they added artifact weapons which were better than a single talent and in BFA Azurite which again is better than a single talent flawed as they are.

We are off topic after your next reply if you chose to do so let’s drop this.

I’m not understanding your argument here at all. Blizzard very clearly said whatever ability you choose will affect all of your mounts. I don’t see how this is a good thing at all. I don’t want ALL of my mounts to have the same abilities.

It was a choice to earn the rep to purchase a water strider in the first place. Now my only choice to keep that ability is to make ALL my mounts water walk. If I want to use a different ability, I won’t be able to water walk on any of my mounts.

This is NOT an improvement over what I can do right now.

1 Like

Yeah, and?
It’s free. Water strider will still stride.