Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

And they’d be half right. We’d still have to choose if getting on the water strider, risking a daze/loss of water walking, to cross the river and remounting onto something else when we get past the water for the ability to not be dazed off our horses is more convenient than just swimming across the water on said undazeable horse.

For most, they’ll probably just take the swimming (unless they’re a tank, then they may take the water walking). Still, the devs (and most players who insist that buying it back voids the change) are blind to the fact that there is another solution that retains the consequence of player choice.

No. Cuz we get a free one to make our mounts water walk.

But it wasn’t much work doing the 3 dailies every day for a couple weeks. That’s like brain dead easy.

But I’m so happy I don’t have to deal with using my waterstrider anymore and instead can use whatever mount I want.

Darklegacy comics had a great one about how you’re so happy to get a new mount, hit a deep puddle, then realize you just have to go back to your waterstrider.

Ground mounts were virtually useless because you’d use waterstrider before you could fly then a flying mount when you could. So all those awesome cosmetic ground mounts were relegated to dungeons and raids most of the time.

I think this is a great move.

Yes, exactly. And for those of us on Alliance that do M+ at any high level? We’re going to be corralled into using the water walking regardless of what we might otherwise prefer.

The reality is that this probably isn’t going to affect me personally all that much. If Pathfindinger Pt. 2 resembles previous achievements at all, I’ll have it in 2-3 weeks after the patch, so the need for barding goes down a bunch (plus my main is hunter, so I mostly just feign and remount anyway). But it’s frustrating for them to make things more complicated and nerf abilities we currently have just because they’ve had a hate on for the water strider for the past three or four years.

First off, it is not that hard to raise faction with Nat Pagle.

Second, we got to use the strider mount for 4 expansions.

Third, there is one equipment slot… so people who still want to use the strider can equip the no-daze equipment and still have water-walking. Everyone else will have to choose.

Fourth, we don’t know how hard it is going to be to “earn” the water-walking equipment… it might require the same effort. People with the strider might have already earned it, maybe not. It is too early to whine about it.

LOL if only I could say the same when they did away with the runecloth grind for faction rep.

Question: How often is WW even necessary in questing? Just general question, I think removing the passive from Strider makes sense only from the Blizzard perspective…it seems rather ridiculous from the players.

Correct.

This is disguised as a player improvement but it really is for Blizzard to create another gold sink IMO.

1 Like

Quick Q here - I just finally broke down and did the rep, earning my mount just a few days ago. While I’m slightly annoyed now that I wasted copious amounts of time, I don’t really care that it is being made an item… I’ll just have more mounts that can water walk.

However, what I am curious about, is will the “breaks on damage” BS I saw in the tooltip be a thing? That actually would be kind of piss me off.

1 Like

Eh, even so…I’d rather spend the gold (I dont know much it is) on the anti-daze. WW seems so…gimmicky and rarely do you ever need to use it (I say this as someone who has leveled a few DKs to max)

So it functions like Path of Frost…whats the issue?

It will still break water walking on damage based on the image they showed. MMO-Champion has the screen cap of that slide if anyone wants to see it for their self.

You seem to have missed the whole problem. You can’t equip the no-daze equipment and still have water walking. The water strider /will not have water walking on its own/. That’s the issue in the first place!

Of course this is a thing. This is actually how the water strider has worked in the game for many years at this point. All water walking has broken on damage for, oh, four or five years now.

Self-explanatory. Anyone else know the answer to the question?

Spoken as a Hordie. Alliance starts in a difference place in Siege of Boralus than you guys do and we need the water strider to avoid a couple of really nasty packs and get to where you guys start. :confused:

I level Alliance DKs.

Never did Horde side Siege.

Then dont do Siege? I mean, people already grab specific classes anyways based on dungeons. Having a DK be priority for that beginning-only part…wouldnt be a change in the norm.

This is good to know.

The 20-something syndrome delivery needs work, but useful information regardless.

1 Like

So I should just give up doing M+ with my regular group because Blizzard is deciding to be spiteful about an item I’ve had for years? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. It’s just yet another point in why this is stupid (obviously Siege shouldn’t have different start points in the first place in a timed activity).

Yeah, there are major issues with this. I just so look forward to having to go out to the middle of nowhere in Pandaria every time I start a new alt. That just sounds so superior to having a mount I just throw on my hotbar and use when the occasion requires it.

1 Like

Anyone else on #teamneverhadastrider getting low on popcorn?

holds out fresh bucket

1 Like

Good slippery slope. Not doing one dungeon doesnt kill your group. I know a number of people who dont do certain dungeons and still push M+ just fine.

If its SUCH A DETRIMENT…just pug a DK or have one of your group make one. It would just be another dungeon where people do that (instead of 2-3, it goes to 3-4).