Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

Ret paladin could

You might be able to get by in the world but you won’t be doing any meaningful content.

Wasn’t making that link as a way to “address any of the concerns”(thought that was quite obvious since I didn’t reply to or quote any of those concerns), just posted it so it can be seen. Thanks for being a jerk, though!

1 Like

Ah yes…the special snowflake syndrome is strong in you.

I’ve just got to point out that this is simply nonsense. FFXIV classes have way, way, way more abilities than any WoW classes now and it’s playable on a controller. I think the people who bring up the “they’re pruning classes to go on the consoles!” are stupid, but to claim the number of abilities negates it as an argument is pretty darn stupid too given the state of classes today.

Yes, this is my point. This game clearly was not built for consoles.

Unpopular opinion-
Good, I’m tired of seeing ugly blue bugs everywhere I go. Plus the WS mount isn’t that difficult of a grind. Just use those inflatable mount things with your WS and pretend nothing happened.

I get the reasoning why blizzard has wanted to do this since WOD,I think, I guess they grew tired of the water strider being the go to mount most of the time. Remember at one point they disabled them, people lost their mind so the reversed it before it went live.

At the same time, I too worked hard for both strider mounts, the red and blue. So I can see people’s frustration about feeling they’ve wasted time since it will no longer be unique.

Quite honestly, they could have left the striders as is and still offered the boot effect for other mounts. It would have the same effect in the end. People would have water walking on different mounts if they choose.

2 Likes

Your point doesn’t make any sense, though. The number of abilities is irrelevant, because FFXIV is built to be played on consoles and has way more abilities. As a PC player, I don’t actually understand how the people who play on console there do it, but WoW could have way more abilities and still be playable on console if that was the intent.

I mean, this is totally off-topic, but it’s a subject that annoys me because it’s so patently false.

I guess I lack creativity. I have no idea how a character like mine that uses almost the entire keyboard to play is playable on a console.

1 Like

All my vendor mounts and multi seater mounts say hiiiiiiiiiiiii

Edit: oh, I forgot my shredders that gather herbs while I am mounted. Arguably even better than the water striders. On my herbing sham I just use shredder+ water walk and call it a day

See, this is it exactly. I’d be fine if they kept the water strider as is and disabled the equipment slot on it, as they’re doing with the other mounts that have an additional ability like the Sky Golem. They’d probably argue that now they’re making us “choose,” but it’s not a good choice, especially when it’s removing functions we currently have. It’s like saying that players have a choice on talent tiers where the talents are imbalanced. Sure, maybe technically they can choose to be suboptimal, but for most, that doesn’t feel like an actual choice.

1 Like

I kinda agree with this point, but there are many 2 seated mounts in game. They are not as popular though.

Wait so you are telling me, i can now use any mount i want and have it get water walking? yes please, also you treat the water strider mount like it was a feat of strength, it wasnt, i did the “grind” back in mop and didnt feel anything for getting it. Step back take a deep breath and realize you may be over reacting. I get it, the thought of them “taking” things away is scary, but now you can literally use any of the better looking mounts for literally the same purpose. If they would have kept the water walking effect and have it go with the the new equipment, nothing would change and it would still be THEE mount to use.

1 Like

Well, we will see if your speculation is correct or not in a week. But I’m not going to pretend the sky is falling based on a guess.

I spend a lot of time playing alts of all levels easy over 40 plus now that allied races are here

So how is this going to work , if i swap from water boots to the anti daze boots on a lvl 120 toon does it swap it for all other toons ?  Do i have to buy 40 or 50 or these water walk boots for all my alts ? or is it the same item on all toons ?

Funny how it only became the go-to mount because of lazy design when it comes to flying.
Blizzard created the problem. Now, years after the mount came out and many people invested a lot of time fishing to get it(and later timewalking badges for some) they are nerfing the Strider because the players found a small loophole in their nightmare terrain design when water is involved.

3 Likes

Yup.

Players are not going to jump through Blizzard’s hoops anymore. They are all flash but no substance at this point.

1 Like

If I’m wrong, most of my objections will go away. However, I know how this company has been operating for the past five years. I feel quite safe in saying that I am not wrong. You’ll notice I’m not the only one expecting the consumable barding to go away. We’ve seen how this team does things.

I couldn’t agree more. I have been playing since BC I and in this last Expack there has been a LOT I have not agreed with and I know a lot have felt the same way but this… This is just frustrating. I could understand giving a us a option to buy something to allow water walking but to recon the Water Staider Mount and make it so it is unable to walk on water MAKES absolutely NO sense!