Water Strider nerf IS bad. Here's why

*lands in Naz
*pops rando mount
*realizes he’s in Naz /cast Water Strider
*goes five feet and sees herbs everywhere pops Sky Golem
*all the nodes are ghosting /cast Water Strider

1 Like

To be honest that’s how nearly every game works with a few exceptions.

No, it is an expression that exagerates a scenario in order to pass an idea. The exageration is usually very explicit. For example if I say that I make tons of money, I don’t literally mean tons of money. I mean lots of money.

Nope.

Not even Free 2 play games are like this compared to what WoW has become. And in free 2 play games what you pay you essentially keep.

I cant tell if theyre shooting for F2P or consoles

Given that they’re going out of their way to nerf the water strider, do you really think they’re going to keep stuff like the barding in? When the barding does exactly what the mount equipment barding does? This is Blizzard. Of course they’re going to take out the current long-but-temporary profession items. In fact, those recipes will almost certainly either be removed or significantly modified to provide the mount equipment we stick into the slots.

Free 2 play concepts are already in the game. All they are doing is milking the remaining subs before they go full free 2 play. Right now they are a freemium by having token/sub payments.

1 Like

But all the neutered 4 button rotations feel like theyre being built for a controller

It is possible they go for consoles when they go full free 2 play. Free 2 play needs a wider range of audience to be attracted so that is when free 2 play and consoles go hand in hand.

Finally I will be able to use my mount on water. Don’t give a you know what about this post. No way I will do some crappy panda expansion stuff for it.

so, my character have about 50 active skills. How are we fitting this in a controller again?

1 Like

How so? In every single game I have played you get new gear and the old gear is now useless, the only game I have even heard of that does not replace your old gear (at max level) every new update is ESO.

As for pruning, all of those games die long before they get to the point that skill bars are bloated. I think the mistake Blizzard made was adding new abilities to the game and removing old skills / placing them as talents. What they should have done was enhance the old abilities so we can do new things and grow as characters without removing the old stuff we had.

For scaling, tons of games use it and it’s not that uncommon anymore. WoW is old and really needed it. I can see why people did not want current content scaling but we would be 1 hitting mobs by now if they did not do it with how powerful our characters are starting to get. In 8.2 we are going to get much much stronger with the new stuff added to the game. Even with scaling I’m destroying everything other than world bosses with no trouble at all.

Except the ability to have water walking on all of my toons, for free, without needing to go to a vendor, purchase a consumable, and send it to every new alt I make.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/water-strider-nerf-isnt-bad-heres-why/148759/170?u=parabnormal-silvermoon

Let me point out once again that at this point it’s simple to get the water strider without doing any Pandaria content. You can get Angler rep tokens with the timewalking currency, get to exalted, buy the mount.

The inconvenience you are citing seems extremely minor. especially when compared to an entire new system of craftable items and mount mechanics.

1 Like

Good luck playing Unholy on a controller :smile:

Which doesn’t actually address any of the concerns that have been brought up in this thread. Thanks for not reading, though!

Even the most pruned characters do not fit the controller. If you account for trinkets, consumables, mounts, etc…

1 Like

Nope.

Old gear still has use for even level capped players in other games or are used to upgrade to new gear via mats. Or old gear is upgraded to be on par with the new gear. Other games do not treat gear as an afterthought like WoW.

Lineage 2 did a pruning of classes and they had to revert. Going from having a Shilien Knight, Temple knight, Paladin, and Avenger to a Siegel Knight didn’t work.

Scaling is used wrong in WoW. It is most commonly used in MMO games like GW2 and not in MMORPGs. And in other MMORPGs they don’t scale the world but they scale the player down which means they are still strong for end game content with top tier gear but they don’t overpower lower level of content. In WoW scaling is used differently and sadly incorrectly since WoW is supposedly a MMORPG.