Water Strider Discussion

And we don’t even know the ‘cost’ of the discounted/rep-attained mount equipment yet. My guess is that it will probably be almost free. We’ll see! If it’s too expensive then I will QQ too… until then… I’m going to save my tears.

Don’t! That’s how they get you. We used to give blizzard the benefit of the doubt too and realized that’s how they get the twisted stuff thru and NEVER change it back.

join the dark side…we have cookies, The non-healthy type that are really bad for you.

5 Likes

dont save your tears . use them now. have you heard of the phrase "its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. that is how the devs operate towards their dwindling playerbase

3 Likes

Even in the new zones, I seldom used my strider (prior to putting it in my default mount slot in response to this proposed change). Because generally, I come to a stream and I can just jump over it. Lakes in the Alliance zones, at least, are usually so small as to make going around them a non-issue. So the only time the strider has any real benefit is taking shortcuts across Tiragarde Sound, or from Tiragarde to Drustvar, or in Stormsong when I’m getting out to Creepy Old God Island and don’t want to take the bridge.

Horde side, I’ll use the strider on the swampy side of Nazmir, out where the incursions take place.

So even in areas “where there’s a crapload of water”, the water strider isn’t nearly so beneficial as to force people to use it exclusively. And if it was a case of “I want more variety” they’d be asking for more water walking mounts, not cheering as an innate ability was taken from existing mounts.

1 Like

What if they make the rep-attained floaties cost like 5g?

They ain’t gonna make it like thousands of gold lol. That would defeat the purpose of the rep-grind… and Blizz loves those rep grinds lol.

Don’t forget that you need to buy your way back to where you’re at now.

1 Like

The water walkers could be cheep, But the other abilities won’t be if you want to swap them in and out.

Right - they could make the water walking vendor sell the equip for 1copper - but if you have to pay 1000 to swap out to another equipment each time, it’s still going to get expensive really quick.

4 Likes

if it’s too expensive I will come to the forums and protest! But until I know the price … I’m going to chill and look forward to using my favorite RP appropriate mount in Nazmir (or wherever)

It’s a great change. Hopefully the price will not be too much.

It doesn’t make sense if you think their priorities are player fun and the long term health of the game.

It makes perfect sense if you think their priorities are minimizing player choice while decreasing player backlash.

The new system gives the illusion of “more player choice”, which will last right up until they remove the system (or at least, remove the water walking component). At which point, we’ll be reminded how the devs never let old crafted items remain relevant in new expansions so players don’t “feel forced” to farm old content.

This is all about being better able to control player travel. They’ve just learned that if they drop the frog right into the boiling water, it jumps out. They need to boil us slowly instead.

3 Likes

Posted on Wowhead-

“These items will be made by professions (e.g. Dazed from Blacksmithing) and can be replaced at any time. However, the item is destroyed when replaced. Judgehype announced that Blizzard thinks the price should be 1,000 gold .”

Where’s my PITCHFORK???

2 Likes

(hands you a freshly sharpened one and a cookie) there ya go!

3 Likes

Could Blizzard just add more water walking mounts?

I farmed my strider - and I wouldn’t mind having the option to earn more mounts with that ability.

But taking the ability away from the strider is something I WOULD mind.

4 Likes

That quote is the estimated market price for the crafted items.

Nowhere has provided any price estimate on the vendor piece.

Any cost at all is too much IMO.

2 Likes

Agreed. If we don’t log in on patch day to find that they’ve become grey items, then they won’t work in the new zones (much the way Legion barding and stirrups didn’t work on Argus) and we won’t get such consumables at all for next expansion.

4 Likes

I need to report this for making too much sense.

2 Likes

I’m sure the crafted equipment will be just as useful in future expansions as Findle’s Loot-A-Rang has proved to be.

3 Likes

Beware the brightly baited hook.

1 Like

As i mentioned in another topic/thread of my own the solution is a re-usable water walking item given to those with water striders, as the items are green blizzard WILL upgrade them over time and it only reduces the cost of one item slightly more, and reequiping water walking shouldn’t be anymore effort than changing mounts (cast time wise)