Was Wow your first game?

Holy cow I remember that one.

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen that one. My dad only had two DOS games and the other was hangman

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

Yeah that looks like a good game in the same vein of Battlezone, and music is good too.

Also loved Scorched Earth as well and played that a bunch.

1 Like

Diablo 2 was what got me into WoW. This was my first MMO.

2 Likes

Same my first taste of games was Space Invaders where I played at the Pub where you sat at a table to play it lol. And pinball machines loved em. Wow was my first computor game tho. This was my sonā€™s account he stopped playing so I started playing. He wanted it back I said NO. So I paid for a new account for him. My tool growing and working was a Typewritter.

3 Likes

I miss arcades so much. Was the highlight of mine growing up

3 Likes

Possibly Spectre? It came out later but was available on the old macs, it came out in 91 vs 83 for Battlezone and I believe was pretty popular

2 Likes

Shame.

Gorilla was one where you were one of two giant gorillas on skyscrapers throwing explosive bananas at each other.

1 Like

I did play games on a PC 8088 and amstrad CPC 464, but my first love was super mario land on game boy

YEA THATS IT. it was in a small window with like 8 games on the old mac.

Diablo II I guess you could say was my ā€œfirst gameā€.
Of course, I played many other games before that, like Mario, Zelda, Pokemonā€¦ etc.

1 Like

We had a place like this in the 80s. My brother was in high school and they all hung out there. It was a beach pier arcade.

You could drive on the beach. Sit on the dunes. People hanging out in phone booths all night.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

3 Likes

ā€œSounds like me. I was into Pinball A LOT. I didnā€™t even get into computers until I was much older. I spent my time Roller Skating, and playing Pinball. I did play Need For Speed a couple of times. I got into DnD, table top gaming for a long time. That is what got me interested in WoW. I watched a friend play it, and it looked so much like DnD that I had to give it a try.ā€

2 Likes

there were places like chucke cheese and the like, but there were places that were just solo arcades, those were the best.

2 Likes

I played Atari and Nintendo as a kid. But it was Starsiege that got me into computer gaming.

Video games didnā€™t exist when I was a child, and my kids had no interest in them. My grandkids and great-grandkids love them though. I was first exposed to World of Warcraft when hanging out with my granddaughter. It took a few more years before I actually tried it though, and Iā€™ve loved it ever since.

Since then I have also played minecraft with my great-granddaughter.

There were many board games that I played before of course, and many years of Dungeons and Dragons once that came out.

4 Likes

We had a Show Biz pizza. Terrible food but great arcade lol

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

Yooooo, I played this a TON back in the day. I really love the OST.

I donā€™t remember the game that well but I remember this track in the OST and thought it was pretty banginā€™.

I will throw out probably my favorite JRPG of all time. Sister actually introduced it to me, and this is when the only RPG I played at the time was Final Fantasy 7. I grew up on Contra and such so was like ā€˜blam blamā€™ and less lore stuff.

But man. I love this game.

1 Like

Chuck E. Cheese also had terrible pizza lol, and the creepy animatronics

2 Likes

Another good game from around that time that is often not known or was missed, is Legend of the Dragoon