Was Wow your first game?

What game did you first play that got you into gaming? Was it World of Warcraft? Or was
it some other game?

9 Likes

It was Dragon Age Origins, I played games before that but DA:O was the one that broke my mind and turned me into a “gamer”

2 Likes

Hell, I’ve been gaming for decades before WoW came out. Think my first game was Super Mario Bros.

Isn’t even my first MMO. I played an indie MMO beforehand called Well of Souls. You could use PNGs for your character (I used a Gunstar Heroes character) and I remember it using the Mortal Kombat theme as the battle theme. Something that would certainly get shot down nowadays.

6 Likes

…tetris my first game was tetris…god im old

4 Likes

HA! Amateur.

Try Pong. That was my first game.

29 Likes

god im young…lol

8 Likes

I still have some of the original D&D books, do those count?

As for video games, I had an original Atari 2600 and used to play Adventure quite a bit. For the MMO games, I think EQOA would have been my first venture. I still miss that game.

:cookie:

8 Likes

Pong and asteroids.

There used to be old magazines that taught you how to program so I ended up making games like number guessing and such in basic.

Moo!

8 Likes

I think that spy fox was my first game now that I think about it. :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

First game I ever played was either Enduro Racer or Pitfall on the Atari 2600.

First RPG was FF7 I think… I had that on a PS1.

Haven’t looked back since.

3 Likes

Red Box, Basic or AD&D? I sold all my old stuff when 3E came out. A poor decision on my part.

If we are talking about games in general my first game would be Mouse Trap.

Drove my parents nuts because I ended up chaining all kinds of things together through out the house. The number of times my parents stepped on a fork…

4 Likes

Saaaaame.

Still have mine <3

Hmmm, The Sims Online was technically an MMO, but if we are talking about a game like WoW, I’d have to go with Star Wars: Galaxies.

1 Like

First game I played was tetris, first one I bought after saving up months of allowance was Super Mario Rpg Legend of the Seven Stars. Warms my heart to see it getting a remake after all these years.

First mmo was Final Fantasy 11 for about a year before wow, the game was brutally slow but it had an odd charm that Wow and 14 don’t have.

2 Likes

Loved that game. I’m looking forward to the remake.

4 Likes

Super Mario for the NES.

First MMO was Dark Age of Camelot.

4 Likes

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega.

When I was growing up, I got a lot of hand me downs from my brothers and game consoles that they didn’t want. I had motor skill issues in my hands and it was suggested to play video games to help with the motor skills in my hand.

Rest is history been playing them ever since.

2 Likes

UO was my first MMO, but I also liked The Sims back then.

1 Like

Probably was like patty cake

I played it at a young age

“My first game was Tic Tac Toe.”
/giggle

4 Likes

Grade 6 science teacher had a TSR-80 at the back of the class. Anyone who got a perfect score on a test got to play a game of space invaders. We ended the year with the highest class average the school board had ever seen.

9 Likes