Was vote kick removed from LFR?

Good.

I don’t like kick happy people.

3 Likes

happening in low lvl duengons too. Anyone can easily make an allied race char and get lvl 60 without killing a single thing. Just que and go afk while soaking all the xp and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

Typing out “/votekick {player name}” worked for me last time I had to remove a DC’d player from the group. The button was grayed out but the chat command still went through.

6 Likes

lol it works

I was in a dungeon. A warrior was doing no dmg and just afking most of it and was in kickable. I asked the group what was going on and go no answer so I left. I was the healer and as usual the tank was pulling the entire dungeon with weak 2 dps and me suppose to kill it all . No ty I don’t carry random afk people and shouldn’t be forced to.

1 Like

That worked, thank you. Hopefully that command isn’t just a work around and Blizzard fixes that. Had a player go afk literally at the start and didn’t see your post until the end of the dungeon lol. Cheers

That would be great if they put in a feature to use on people who constantly use the kick feature as to troll or just get someone removed from group they don’t like.

I’d love that. Would weed out the trolls a little better and slow em down.

1 Like

No. There’s not timer. Vote to kick is just disabled.

There already was one. If you initiated a vote too often you got a message how long you would have to wait to initiate a vote again. I know, I got that message once last week on my first vote kick of the day.

Now there’s no way to deal with trolls who are only queuing for dungeons to destroy the experience of the other players or to get a free carry. Good work. Glad you support trolls and want to make sure there are no consequences for harassing other players.

How many players do you need to convince to do this for it to work?

Lol I never said I supported trolls. I in fact are very against them. But make up things in your mind I guess. :roll_eyes:

You are saying that it’s a good thing vote to kick has been disabled, because you think it is a big problem that people queue to kick for no reason. So you’re fine with removing the ability to kick malicious trolls.

I have rarely seen someone kicked for no reason, and if it’s not a good reason, I always vote against it.

How much queuable content do you do? People who are afk or disconnected need to be kicked.

You are posting on a character with a disabled armory. Something’s not quite right.

1 Like

No. I’m not fine with it removed? If you read correctly, I am in favor of disabling it for the people who constantly use it.

You don’t need to vote kick someone every lfg, in fact when I was doing lfg back when I did it consistently as a tank and heals, it was a rare occurrence.

Which means that the people using It constantly who are trolling could “out themselves” in a way.

Bud I log into the game like once a week. Barely play. Not sure why my armory is not working. Yea something isn’t right with that, but there’s no conspiracy theory lol.

I hop from char to char constantly. So please don’t even get started on “let me see your main” garbage. Just saying that as you sound like one of those, and honestly I have too many chars I play to show you them all.

Same, and nearly all of those times were to remove a party member who’d gone AWOL. Maybe like once or twice to actually kick a troublemaker.

Apparently it’s bugged. You can just type /votekick to kick until they get it fixed.

Is this a bug or just one of the most hilariously botched ideas of SL?

And man, thats a bar to duck under.

Bump*

Is this a bug or a new feature? I just had the healer DC last night 2 bosses in and we waited 5 min for dc to clear but never came back so we had to abandon the dungeon. Pretty lame feature. It’s like they are trolling us more than the afkers

Mine’s been grayed out since before the patch. Tried to VTK someone in SotFO because they were just standing on the sidelines not doing anything, but couldn’t initiate it. I know I haven’t hit the limit because I never use it.

I don’t want to see your main. I was wondering about your experience with vote kicking with this character you’re posting on, because I see way more people who are afk, dc, dangerously incompetent, or outright trolling than who start unwarranted vote kicks.

Did you get your information on this issue on the forums?

My personal feeling is that there there should be a dropdown menu with a few common reasons, like

• AFK
  • DC
  • Other
  • Trolliing

The system could check if the player being targeted is actually AFK or DC’d.

Both Other and Trolling would require typing a description of the problem. The text would end up with your account and the player you reported’s account.

So anyone who made a lot of frivolous reports would have a file to see if they were abusing, as well as those who are causing problems. Meanwhile, there would be no limit on the players who could be reported for being AFK or DC’d, because the system can verify that they are indeed not there or not been moving for a while.

When someone is kicked, they should be able to see the reason why. And if the reason makes no sense, and it’s someone who does that a lot, that in itself would be a violation.

Target player, type /votekick

1 Like

Can you explain that to 3 new players in Portuguese? One person doing that isn’t going to remove the problem player.

From Vrak himself most likely a bug due to cross faction and they are aware of it.

It is definitely a bug.