Warthin And The Subjective Experience of Names

You know when you like a word, and you know when you don’t. You know how it feels in your mouth, how it looks on the screen, and how it hits your ear.

Take Val’Sharah. I like that word. It sounds elf-ey. It sounds naturistic. It works for me.

Thunder Bluff. Sounds primal and earthy and reminds me of hooves on packed earth.

Azeroth. I’m not huge on words that end in -oth. Just doesn’t land. Feels mildly embarrassing to say out loud.

Warthin. Sounds like a blood thinner. Ask your doctor about Warthin. Do not take Warthin if you are allergic to Warthin or any of its components.

I guess Warthin is a thing now, but I would have called the next expansion T-Dubs. I’m not saying it’s better, but I’d be a little less embarrassed saying it out loud.

5 Likes

It’s not. They are trying really hard to make it a thing…but its not going to happen

57 Likes

No, no it’s not. Don’t let a handful of trolls make it a thing. It’s not a thing.

TWW is fine for text, when speaking people will just call it War Within because it’s not that hard.

32 Likes

Initially I was annoyed by the nickname Warthin but now I’m going to start calling it World of Warthin: The Warthin Within

9 Likes

it’s not a thing, stop trolling

23 Likes

This is the best idea ever!

You know you’re not helping right lmao

3 Likes

Just Warthin things :3

This is an example of people attempting to make something as dumb as possible just for the sake of it.

19 Likes

Even though it sounds like the drug warfarin, actually like it over TWW or TWWN abbreviations.

3 Likes

Why not just call it war? or Twar?

Why not call it TWAIN.

Makes as much since.

8 Likes

I started looking for that gif as soon as I saw you were typing.

7 Likes

I’ll go with that. From this day forth Warthin shall be known as Twain!

1 Like

More power to you. It’s crazy that people who use Warthin don’t care if people call it something else or became angry calling people trolling lmao

1 Like

I mean it’s not really that crazy since you’re getting enough attention annoying everyone with that name. No need to make extra noise.

Are you going to keep up this bit for the entire expansion? Gonna be a long three years.

11 Likes

Because people using a nornal abbreviation that uses the first letter of each word aren’t trolling. It is totally normal behavior. What disingenuous nonsense.

5 Likes

To be fair

I have seen you and your friends bump like half a dozen of dead threads just to keep the name on the front page.

Which is pretty trolling.

13 Likes

Yes…it’s not a thing. There are like 2 people doing it specifically to rile people up. If someone mentions it I’m going to look at them like they’re from another planet and act like I have no idea what they’re talking about.

I really think they need to change these forums to use battletag, so we don’t get people posting the same thing on multiple alts like this.

10 Likes

Yeah I’ll always call it either TWW or WW.