Warriors are fine

rets are already quite far behind, even on single target, the number 1 on ignis for rets is 9.4k, that wouldn’t even get you into the top 150 as fury

2 Likes

Not very many Rets are unhappy with their dps. Rets will actually improve and not be on the bottom, like they are now.

Fury is already better and will continue to widen the gap vs rets, that’s no surprise at all.

I’m still looting Smourne first lol.

1 Like

Both involve studying words, hence saying Lexicography is the study of words isn’t incorrect. Which hair have I split?

You’d suggest that a split hair would mean I was saying two things at once, what is the other thing I suggested with that statement?

Because you split hairs saying etymology is alone the study of words, when even a cursory glance at its definition will tell you that’s incorrect.

There is no generalised word for the study of words. You haven’t demonstrated that at all. It is a complex topic delineated into several disciplines.

And it’s fine if we are on the bottom. We just shouldn’t have been an extra 10% under the bottom like we were.

The first “major” buff took them from last to last.

MAJOR

1 Like

Prot paladin is well and truly above 10% the next tank, it should have been nerfed well and truly before ret was buffed.

A basic look at the proportion of main tanks in raids will show you that. It’s probably 90% prot paladins to any other tank as a MT.

so then see

which is wrong.

Yeah so it has a chronological qualifier.

Did you intend on proving my point for me?

Defensively? Sure. Ardent Defender is broken.

Does that matter? In fringe cases. Probably not for anything in the next two tiers. You’ll clear everything just fine with the worst tank option, and probably never notice you are using the “wrong” tank.

In vast majority cases, given the proportion of prot paladins that are being utilised as main tanks. I’d argue 95% of raids being made have a requirement that their main tank is a paladin.

Your logic is flawed given you could clear all the content with ret paladins before the buffs.

how does anything i posted support your original claim of:

or

Because there 100% is and its called Etymology lmao.

You’ve given a qualifier, so your initial supposition that lexicography isn’t the study of words because etymology is, is wrong.

Both are, your provided etymology definition demonstrates that.

It is the compiling of dictionaries, not the study of words and their meanings. correlation does not equal causation here.

Keep giving me these wonderful little things to quote though. Really supports that you have no idea what you are talking about.

if they are so easily interchanged in your mind why are they listed as two separate fields in author credits?
“Marko Snoj (born 1959), Indo-Europeanist, Slavist, Albanologist, lexicographer, and etymologist”
You can do both as a field of study but they are academically separate areas of study.

It is literally the study of the meaning of words. Without that you can’t have lexicography. You can split hairs and say it’s the compilation of dictionaries but as a necessity, there must be the study of words to compile a dictionary.

Etymology has qualifiers because having the definition as “The study of words” would be incorrect.

I’m not giving you anything, you’ve been repeatedly quoting the same thing for three to four replies.

I didn’t say they were interchangeable, quote me where I said that. I said that they are disciplines that approach semantics from different angles and to suggest both as “The study of words” isn’t incorrect.

You however are incorrect in assuming they’re mutually exclusive towards that generalized definition.

Yeah, and those are the meta sheep that can’t handle doing anything sub optimal without melting down.

It made a bit of a difference in Ulduar as it was flatly overtuned. The next tiers are just not particularly punishing to tanks, do you shouldn’t ever really need the cheat death in the first place.

Most raids in TBC made feral their main tank despite the fact that prot paladins were the better choice on single tank fights (despite being worse all around as boss tanks) because feral did more DPS when not tanking.

People put too much stock into what’s best in gaming these days, and overblow the real differences between the options and how much it matters in practice.

Lololol :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m gonna give them the Smorne… I’ll settle for two of them hilts that start a quest…

Might wanna write to the Dictionary then as that is what the definition is.

You repeated have equated them as the essentially the same. I did a large quote post above, refer to it.

Yeah, you’re showcasing your pedantry

Well that’s too bad, rets were apparently buffed because of lack of representation and players not wanting to raid with them due to perspective. But the perspective of the overpowered nature of prot paladins is so pervasive that you never get other classes as main tanks apart from very niche speed running groups.

They deserved a nerf well before rets ever deserved a buff. The fact that one took place in such a lopsided manner suggests to me that Blizzard is doing entirely the wrong thing for overall game balance and should be concerning to everyone. Rets defending the buff is a continuation of that pervasiveness, and people like yourself Smeet are to blame.

Deunan, your definition of etymology was incorrect so your ‘correction’ to me was incorrect. A generalised statement on the “study of words” can comprise lexicography, that’s a fact.

You tried to sidle in and look like an intellectual but all you’ve done is demonstrate yourself as a nitpicking dimwit who proved their own point wrong by giving the definition of etymology. You’d have been better off never posting.

“my definition” sure thing

Nitpicking again, “Your definition” ie “The definition you provided”.

Is this really how pathetic you’re becoming now that you’ve realised I was behaving fairly in suggesting lexicography is the study of words? I’d argue that to say “Phonetics is the study of words” also isn’t an incorrect statement. It’s just a general one.

To take a general statement and nitpick it into acute definitions then proclaim intellectual superiority, I’d argue is actually what an idiot does.