Warrior Charge Macro

Hi All,

Trying to prepare for DF - with the addition of the new warrior ability “Shield Charge”

My current macro:
/use [harm,nodead] Charge
/use [help,nodead] Intervene

This allows me to have one keybind for intervene and charge, very nice.

Now, i want to add Shield Charge.

So i tried:
/use [harm,nodead] Shield Charge

While this works, it ALWAYS uses charge instead of shield charge FIRST. I want shield charge to be the priority.

I used a cast sequence macro, (/castsequence Shield Charge, Charge,
) which worked for Shield Charge + Charge, but I could not make it work for the intervene portion - I am at a loss.

Anyone able to assist?

Shield Charge on the GCD?

yes, it is on the GCD. Is there a way to do it without a mouseover?

#showtooltip
/castsequence [help] Intervene; reset=45 Shield Charge, Charge

appears to be working i think i just discovered a bug with intervene. at least, hope its a bug and not how blizz wants you to use it -.0. thanks very much with assistance, hopefully i do not need to come back!

No problem. What’s the bug?

1 Like

on retail, i target a friendly target and press intervene - and i will charge to that player.

on the PTR, i target a friendly target, press intervene, i will not charge till i bring my cursor and click on the player. it’s like it’s functioning like a target reticule spell.

this is un-macro’ed testing - simply using the base ability, on both PTR and Retail

Weird. Wonder if it changes depening on whether or not they’re in your group.

If you do end up needing mouseover functionality for intervene:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Intervene; reset=45 Shield Charge, Charge
2 Likes

I know that at one point there was a bug on the PTR that when self cast was enabled that messed with friendly spells. I haven’t been paying attention to if it was fixed. Try turning it off and see if it works.

2 Likes

Hi elvenbane,

So, discovering that this macro is working - but charge has, well, it has two charges! (sigh, shield charge, charge, (which has two charges … lots of charging happening here!)

I will shield charge, then charge, and i can intervene at any time, but it will not use the second charge of … charge!

any ideas?

Did someone say charge?

Stick Charge after Charge in the sequence.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Intervene; reset=45 Shield Charge, Charge, Charge

Hey man, thanks for response, sorry I did not notice sooner.

So I thought of that solution myself as well … and the Shield Charge bug has been fixed FYI. Now what happens:

I Shield Charge the target dummy.
I run away to get in range of using charge again, but it will not let me use Charge again. It’s like the 45 sec reset is blocking me from using Charge.

1 Like

Ehh that’s not how castsequences work. Maybe it’s another bug.

I had this same issue. I eventually decided to put Shield Charge on a modifier with another ability.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod:shift]Shockwave;Shield Charge
1 Like

Hey man,
Still trying to find a solution to my problem.

Currently:
/use [harm,nodead] Shield Charge

This macro will use Shield Charge and Charge at the same time, but other than that functions the way I want it too. Is there a solution to having it not use Charge if both are available?

Currently:

#showtooltip

This macro is no longer working: intervene does not work, nor can I use Charge while Shield Charge is on CD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

1 Like

Confirmed that this is still an issue in pre-patch.

FYI NOT ONE OF THE MACROsin this feed work as intended of 11/7/22

the closest one to working is

#showtooltip

this one will make first charge shield charge AND USE A CHARGE CD; the second charge will be the second charge cd.

So interestingly enough if you change the macro:
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=17 Charge, Charge, Shield Charge
it does work, ive messed around a few different iterations and its only once it hits shield charge that it stops the macro.

1 Like

thanks man!