Warning:- dont upgrade tier set with socket

yep.

just call me asmongold the second.
here to spread rubbish.
(oh wait… nope, i’m happy to retract mistakes)
:slight_smile:

Doesn’t the catalyst show you what the new item will be??? Why would you go through with it?

Even if this isnt intentional, imagine holding off on your 2/4 set because you didnt want to lose a gem slot. Your set bonus is more important, dont wait…

Proving my point literally :skull:

Just letting people know they should upgrade non socketed items first.

It sucks to waste my weekly vault on a socket thats now gone. Had I known I would of done Chest or legs first then my helm once bug fixed.

You had to go all the way back to AQ to make a point? :thinking:

you had to go all the way back 4 days to make a point? :thinking:

i was looking for an early-in-the-game reference. :roll_eyes:
for some reason i was remembering the ability to upgrade some gear items… from blue to purple.
i know that the rings could be upgraded, but there were no ring enchants back then… so it wasn’t really relevant to the conversation.

1 Like

Sorry, I was busy decorating my house in FFXIV. I didn’t have the time to hang out in the forums.

is it pretty?

It is actually kind of cool looking! I went for a modern style and had a blast designing it. The basement isn’t done yet though as I am trying to create an outside area and that is going to be expensive.

2 Likes

I hope when you painted the walls it didnt bug out and steal your light switches and skirting boards!

Never! It’s not WoW :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wtf no it’s not… Are you new?

Wait isn’t that the one you can place three socket too?

This would be a perk

Destory a socket - > save gold on not having to buy a gem

Well while I tend to agree it is a mistake, this is only the second season for it. So saying “always” doesn’t really mean much when your basis is a single season.

Because Blizzard literally told us it would keep them.

The Revival Catalyst is Coming Next Week - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Q: When creating tier set items with the Revival Catalyst, what is the item level of the tier piece after the process is complete? Is it the same item level as the base piece or are there item level ranges that snap to LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic item levels for tier?

A: The resulting item will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats (leech, speed, etc.), and sockets.

2 Likes

Its been a few hours since someone said you were wrong so i thought i would remedy that.
Youre wrong XD

Edit: wait. Someone did it an hour ago. Now im wrong too! :scream:

1 Like

Update :- Blizz sent me a revised answer stating that the bug is now fixed however they wont return my socket.

Out of interest did anyone get their socket refunded? I think its fair enough that they replace it since I upgraded it in good faith.

It wouldnt bother me if it was the AH socket thats easy to replace but the vault one is expensive.

It is a bug because in S4 of shadowlands, you would retain the socket. I don’t get why youd try to say this isnt intended when blizzard is even saying this isn’t correct.