Warning:- dont upgrade tier set with socket

Hey guys if you have sockets on a non neck item dont upgrade it to tier.

The socket and gem both get destroyed.

Blizz know its a problem but cant fix it apparently.

Upgrade items with sockets once the bug is fixed

Kinda annoying that this patch just wasnt tested at all and then when stuff is buggy there is zero interest in fixing it.

24 Likes

this is how upgrading items has always worked…

(edit)
good grief, yes, i was wrong…

but if it’ll make you feel fulfilled, please feel free to be the 47th person to tell me this, after i already acknowledged multiple times that YES, i was wrong.

:slight_smile:

19 Likes

Anyone who immediately takes part in these “u[dates” without seeing how it effects others is taking a risk.

Best bet is to give it a day. All bugs will be revealed. Then any exploits you take advantage of for the first week or two. Then Blizz will fix it and not roll back or punish anyone.

That is the sweet spot apparently.

4 Likes

Reply from Blizzard said its not the intended behaviour and that they have it registered as a known bug.

Ticket says they hope to resolve it soon.

8 Likes

This is literally intended behavior.

Also kinda common sense.

It works by converting one piece of gear into a different, known piece. We know that the tier doesn’t have sockets, so why would you expect it to give you a socket?

10 Likes

I dont see this being a bug. Sounds more like “working as intended” to me. You had a piece of gear that had a socket, you upgraded it and now the socket isnt there. Congrats you get a tier item and still complain that the socket is missing. You have just become the reason for long tickets.

Didnt mean to hit the respond to Naweika… my bad.

9 Likes

sounds like the standard copy/paste response to a bug report.

i’d be shocked if this isn’t the intended behaviour.

3 Likes

My brother also upgraded his item and his socket remained but gem vanished.

He upgraded helm.

my brother bought a gamecube off of craigslist and got $1500, a case of beer, an n64 and keys to new car inside

8 Likes

so how is that no interest in fixing it?

did people already forget how the catalyst is supposed to work? shadowlands wasnt that far cmon lol

it kept socket and it also kept things like leech or avoidance

21 Likes

Wow mate. Read my post.

If you dont believe me click bugs and its literally #3 known bug and devs say clearly “not working as intended”

Why is this so hard for you?

May have replied wrong person if so apologies im a returning player after 4 years off.

Try to give people a heads up and get flammed to hell and back. What sort of community is this.

7 Likes

i suppose youre trolling.

im supporting your point. i assume you didnt read very well lol

1 Like

Sorry meant to reply to person above

1 Like

Lol false. Sockets and tertiary stats have always stayed.

18 Likes

That coulda gotten worse. He could’ve gotten a haunted copy of resident evil where all the characters speak really strangely with weird phrases like “master of unlocking” or “Jill sandwich”

1 Like

always?
no.

My enchant was deleted off my legs when i upgraded

To be FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR.
Recrafting does not replace your sockets or enchancts so.

2 Likes

As long as the catalyst system has existed. Yes.

7 Likes