Warlord’s Deathwheel and the Trading Post

Intellectual property is federal law.

2 Likes

Federal law for an in game cosmetic mount ;/ What a world…

The law exists for products (physical and digital) being used as a promotion. It’s not about it being a cosmetic. It’s a form of consumer protection.

6 Likes

I’m sure Orange County Choppers isn’t full of money. They could get it back for cheap.

It covers all images, music, and writing. It’s not a specific law about a particular in-game cosmetic.

2 Likes

FWIW this post has a decent description of the law and why/how Blizz dropped the ball

I want to see the orignal ZA battlebear. i missed it because my friend convinced me to play alliance, when it was my turn for it in my group, urg. lol

That would be cool, I just wish all items were available even if it takes months or years for them to show up again. People may disagree, but I like hope.

An informative humanbeak thread. I am surprised.

it’s weird

1 Like

No, they’ve told us at least twice now there’s legal issues preventing them from bringing back the Deathwheel.

I imagine it has to do with the contract with the TV show and it being offered as an “exclusive reward” - and likely why nothing, to my recollection, has been offered as an “exclusive reward” since.

1 Like

i mean really what’s stopping them from going to the bargaining table to see about getting it brought back

I think for a lot of people, they understand the “why” of it all.

It’s just absurd that ONE of these things… everyone can have!!!

But the other thing… IS ILLEGAL!!!

lol The common sense of it is nowhere. They’re both just dumb mounts. How can one of them be AGAINST THE LAW!!! lol

That’s what is such a pain with this issue.

1 Like

If you ever watched the show Azeroth Choppers was based on, American Choppers, you’d know the person in charge is not a very reasonable guy. Lol.

But only Blizzard really knows.

Pesky things called legal contracts and exclusivity laws, I’d imagine. :stuck_out_tongue:

He probably said “gimme $10 and we’ll call it good.”

And one of the bean-counters at Blizz was like welllllll I dunnnoooo mannnnnnnnn…

No. The reason is because the Warlord’s Deathwheel was a prize, and California state law prevents prizes from being redistributed, including through other promotions.

1 Like

And for the record, I’m not against them finding a way to bring it back.

I’m just pointing out we’ve been told why they haven’t brought it back, and that until we’re told otherwise, that likely hasn’t changed.

IIRC, the last blue post about it was that they would ask around, but we never heard more?

So … the Horde lost by winning?

(I had characters on both factions, so I picked up my free one and bought the Alliance version later.)

1 Like

Essentially

No, the (edit): Alliance can still claim their prize. Because the Horde won, it was a “limited offer.”

It’s the (edit) Horde that had a brief moment where they could get it-- but that was stopped.

And they’ve been asking for it every since.

UPDATE: I edited this post because I had the Factions backwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, Maizou. :slight_smile: