Warlord’s Deathwheel and the Trading Post

They said the new trading post will include cosmetics from promotions that have been removed from the game, will Warlord’s Deathwheel be on the list?

2 Likes

No. Legal issues.

16 Likes

Even if through another promotion?

What about that Tyreal mount?

5 Likes

I’m wondering if any of the old BlizzCon mounts/pets will come back around.

1 Like

No, there are legal reasons.

I can see cosmetics from the tcg appearing over time, but anything like Tyreal’s charger and the Deathwheel are never going to be made available again. If you didn’t get them when they were offered your sol.

2 Likes

Blizzard would need to re-secure the rights to use it as the intellectual property is likely licenced to be used only for that specific promotion. The creators probably own the actual rights to it.

3 Likes

California law prevents them basically

4 Likes

Intellectual property is federal law.

2 Likes

Federal law for an in game cosmetic mount ;/ What a world…

The law exists for products (physical and digital) being used as a promotion. It’s not about it being a cosmetic. It’s a form of consumer protection.

6 Likes

I’m sure Orange County Choppers isn’t full of money. They could get it back for cheap.

It covers all images, music, and writing. It’s not a specific law about a particular in-game cosmetic.

2 Likes

FWIW this post has a decent description of the law and why/how Blizz dropped the ball

I want to see the orignal ZA battlebear. i missed it because my friend convinced me to play alliance, when it was my turn for it in my group, urg. lol

That would be cool, I just wish all items were available even if it takes months or years for them to show up again. People may disagree, but I like hope.

An informative humanbeak thread. I am surprised.

it’s weird

1 Like

No, they’ve told us at least twice now there’s legal issues preventing them from bringing back the Deathwheel.

I imagine it has to do with the contract with the TV show and it being offered as an “exclusive reward” - and likely why nothing, to my recollection, has been offered as an “exclusive reward” since.

1 Like

i mean really what’s stopping them from going to the bargaining table to see about getting it brought back