Warlock 9.2 tier set is being remade due to "bad judgements"

You guys are my heroes!! Stopping racism on game forums one post at a time!

I love the projection that goes on in these threads:

Normal people: facepalming Blizzard, did you think about the connotations of a white pointy hood in American culture at least?

Triggered Snowflakes: OMG The SJWs are up in arms over an innocent hat and FREAKING out about it! Aren’t they offended? And what the hell Blizz, why did you take away my cool new mo… I mean, why did you cave to this silly pressure! NO! I’m not offended! YOU’RE OFFENDED!!

6 Likes

There all racist! Re do all the new sets as well done as the store! That will fix this.

Hello I am orc, I’m suppose to hate humans on the internet.

They were designed for warlolzs :rofl:

I’m happy for two reasons. One, it unmistakably resembles a very racist garb of clothing, and two it’s a garbage warlock set. I hope they make the next one darker themed because white doesn’t fit the warlock aesthetic at all.

2 Likes

I know, because all throughout the millennia long wearing of fantasy wizard attire and sorcererly fashion, people instead choose to give power to a small insignificant group of hateful humans based instead in the real world…

It was fine and looked great.

One could literally spend all day infinitely gleaning perceived slights from anywhere.

“Look! Satanic imagery!”

“On noes! It’s a Black Panther!”

“To arms! They’re is a rainbow being used in the sky of a fantasy game!”

We are literally neck deep In the whiniest, weakest, most constantly offended group of people that have likely ever existed.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice it until it was pointed out, and even then I barely see it.

It’s sad that there are people that go around looking hard for stuff like this to point out.

2021 is a parody of itself at this point. We seriously live in clown world.

3 Likes

Any news on the complete deletion and remake that the mage set requires?

3 Likes

Everyone… alll sets are racist and need re done.
Edit- I am not a troll…
Clearly an Orc

I’m glad they changed it so that people stop crying and whining.
I feel like it’s easier to deal with toddlers than to deal with some of the people on the GD.

Your upset is misplaced. If you don’t like it bring it up with the racist dinks.

Nope.

The artwork was probably done by a foreign outsourcing company that had no idea the majority of Americans would immediately think of a white supremacist terrorist group on seeing that. Whoever rubber stamped it to approve it probably didn’t even do more than glance at it.

The idea that the very large number of people who see it and think of, again, a white supremacist terrorist group responsible for many murders are being “too easily offended” makes you sound like you like you admire what that terrorist group was.

1 Like

While i understand why Blizzard is doing this, i’ve never seen the similarity between the two, even with a side by side comparison. At least not enough to confuse the two.

But to be quite honest, i think Warlocks should get what Malthael look like now in that pic. It looks so much better tbh.

Whole thing looks like a priest set. My lock wouldnt be caught undead in that sh…

2 Likes

It’s really not much different to people who got outraged over Harry Potter having ‘satanic’ themes or people who would pop off about video game violence. It’s just the stupidity has spread so far down the line now that there’s no helping anyone.

Really? Insisting on the addition of white supremacist symbolism to the game where none currently exists is the same as complaining about Harry Potter?

4 Likes

Case in point.
Gotto love this outrage culture.

If they were going for this they missed. One, this isn’t white and red. Two, the high collar totally changes the hood silhouette, even from behind. Nothing necessarily wrong with a pointed hood if the designer takes steps to make sure it doesn’t look like or invoke a pretty well known hate symbol. It’s the same with designing any game graphic.

Edit to add: I didn’t see the connection at first, but some people did. And the fact of the matter is, if they didn’t change it you absolutely know racist players would use it as a tool to be racist in the game. It’s what they do.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s silly how worked up people are about a hat that’s not even in the game yet getting changed, as they seem to be the only people outraged in these threads.