Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

You’re holding Garithos up as some great guy that makes earnest deals that the Alliance is privy to without any proof what so ever. The ironic part is you’re getting on Ren for the exact same thing you’re doing in our conversation.

In tandem. Who’s the hypocrite?

16 Likes

We know that the Alliance is privy to it because you yourself have pointed out that the Alliance was privy to it by Shaw

Shaw doesn’t mention a deal with Sylvanas in Exploring EK, he only brings him up to mention how badly Lordaeron’s surviving leadership screwed the pooch with the blood elves

If they were that privy to the whole thing I’m sure Scarlet propaganda in game would be plastered with Vengeance for Lord Garithos nonsense

You’re filling in plot holes just like what you’re accusing Ren of and call others hypocrites.

Shaw literally spat on his grave and Kristoff reminisced, that is the whole scene. Close curtains anything else you’re making up.

These convos are happened literally parallel to each other.

10 Likes

And yet Shaw mentions he knows how he died(his end was terrible) which means he knows the Forsaken/Sylvanas killed him. That has got to give warning bells to anyone.

Well, see here DIF, nuanced language and implicit meaning only matters when it looks better for the Alliance and worse for the Horde. If it looks worse for the Alliance or better for the Horde, then nuance is irrelevant and it must be spelled out entirely.

Shaw probably found out everything about Garithos from the papers in the diplomatic satchel stuck between a crocolisk’s teeth in Wetlands.

Very legit.

10 Likes

No could’ve would’ve should’ves?

That’s convenient.

Nope. Shaw does not explicitly say he knows who did it. Therefore he might just as well assume a raptor from Arathi did the horrific deed.

9 Likes

Good, then we assume no one knows what happened either to those emmissaries. We can all keep debating endless about it.

I’m not debating about it.

The Alliance killed them. Be it humans, dwarves or an over-zealous gnome.

1 Like

Actually I’m not debating emissaries…yet.

I’m gonna wait for Patty to tell me, and boy I can not wait to hear her voice.

3 Likes

Agreed. Shaw legit believes Raptors killed Garithos, and Sylvanas logically and reasonably believes the Alliance murdered diplomats.

I am fine with this.

4 Likes

I mean, I would say the same about anything, even the reddit posts. Being posted on reddit doesnt make something unquestionably true and unbiased.

Heck, even if two people read the same sentence in a text, they can disagree on what it means.

It makes for interesting discussion but my confirmation is when I read it myself ( or hear it in the audiobook, I might go that route).

2 Likes

I’m not debating about it.

Thrall is a Dreadlord.

1 Like

And the Alliance knew about Garithos. So the Alliance, had they actually done it, would have done it justfiably and we can blame this whole thing on Sylvanas.

4 Likes

Thats all good! Thats great, and Im surprised Golden managed to not muck it up, either having Sylvanas kill the emmisaries herself or having Forsaken CSI determin that it was Varian himself. Being rejected, FORSAKEN, is their motivation. It doesnt have to be a good motivation. It doesnt have to be clean. It’s just a victimhood identity and it has real world parallels.

2 Likes

Correction.

Thrall and Jaina are the same dreadlord.

1 Like

“Killing diplomats is justifiable because of an unrelated conflict with”

Also if it was common knowledge that Garithos tried to have the blood elves slaughtered in the alliance’s name the night elves going on the warpath in the blood elf intro in BC makes negative sense

Because this is how Warcraft story has been for a long time. A vague mess with only hint of what the actual truth could be. Heck, it took us until this book to learn Sylvanas actually didnt have anything to do with the Wrathgate!

1 Like

Let’s throw in Anduin can’t legitimately proclaim anything about Lordaeron and we got a deal.

1 Like