Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

I never pegged you for someone who wanted an accurate depiction of Slythanos smut.

They just share a passionate rough kiss before the chapter ends.

1 Like

I grieve the 30 mins spent to level a char to reply to this thread, to get a response like “oho exaggerated to rile up friend lol!!”.

1 Like

Actually that was Shaw. One of the highest ranking members in the Alliance.

6 Likes

“Horde” here thinks the Lordaeron diehards don’t get to claim Garithos unless they’re ready to beg for belf forgiveness

No, just know that you been twisting some of the lines in the book lol

1 Like

I’m totally fine with the Alliance taking responsibility for the stuff with Garithos if it gets Forsaken fans to finally acknowledge that they were literally never actually forsaken by anyone

6 Likes

They were lordaeronian which is most of the forsaken pop

At this point this feels like clinging to “all elven lands are troll lands” because elves used to be trolls

What else?

If you think I’m twisting the story then buy it yourself. Read it yourself. My takes are gonna be biased. This is my favorite ship, I’m gonna joke about it.

1 Like

Anduin could have been wrong/naive about the whole thing.

That was because Garithos cost the Alliance the blood elves.

You mean the same Scarlets Crusaders who were killing everyone else? Including Alliance.

Because it has been years of warfare from BOTH Scourge and Forsaken?

2 Likes

Eh. Sometimes you don’t need things directly spelled out, y’know. Diplomats were sent. Diplomats were never heard from again. The outcome is pretty clear; they were killed because undead.

Bias is when you look at this barely subtle statement and say “well, maybe they were eaten by a crocolisk, you don’t know!!! The book doesn’t say they weren’t!!!”

I mean yeah, or maybe they were never killed and Varian kept a harem of forsaken men and women. Because the book doesn’t say he didn’t.

It’s a weird hill to die on.

17 Likes

I don’t mean this as an attack but Elune being a robot comes to mind.

This is a problem of the culture design they did with the Forsaken where everything revolved around Sylvanas. If she ever got tanked it all went with her.

They did the same thing with Alleria and the Void Elves. The Void Elves didn’t even get a faction like the rest of the Legion Allied Races, they got adhocced on to a faction of The Broken on Argus.

If Alleria gets tanked then the Void Elves will have the same crisis.

9 Likes

That has nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Go and reread the exchange between him and Sylvanas. It was Sylvanas that proposed literally every cogent aspect of the deal. If you want to go “abloobloobloo the Forsaken are the people of Lordaeron and they would have been made to leave” then complain about Sylvanas for making that part of the deal

1 Like

While that would be a reasonable motivation behind not officially allying with the Forsaken kingdom, it doesnt make the accusation untrue.

Garithos would have rather let the Dreadlords keep Lordaeron than help the Forsaken claim it. Why? Because the forsaken are monsters. Its a human —one of many— that hates the undead. Sylvanas tricked him into helping her and the forsaken reclaim Lordaeron. Then she killed him. All true. What is also true is the Alliance rejected the Forsaken and likely killed the messengers.

1 Like

For all we know they were killed by some random Alliance and not anyone from Stormwind proper? Or more likely killed under orders by Onyxia.

1 Like

Will do once you acknowledge that no one gave a crippity crap about Garithos not even the Alliance.

1 Like

Its not everyone here should know that, if the books just leaves it at they never returned, thats alot different and it saying varian killed them. it changes the canon

He also blames the Alliance for Arthas, which itself makes a statement regarding who he views as Lordaeron’s legitimate political successor (hint: it’s the Alliance) but I suspect that on that matter, you’re suddenly going to claim that Anduin has no authority

3 Likes

All great possibilities. Its the kindbof subtlety and nuanced storytelling required for a morally grey setting.

1 Like

Would be good to put a disclaimer about Renautus, this guy has twisted a hundred quotes from the book, even saying it himself that his takes are biased, lol.

1 Like

I mean you’re the one ablooblooing about Garithos unprompted (as is your habit) and it’s not like he intended to keep his deal either.