Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

True, that’s a downside. We might get a new Tirisfal, but Night elf players only have the choice between time travel old zone and… uh, a burnt piece of wood.

For me? Yeah, kind of. BfA was mysterious and ambiguous enough to be extremely thought provoking and conversation starting. It was divisive in all the best ways, but it is likely that the worldwide fanbase was just suffering from divisiveness fatigue in real life (speculation). I dont think BfA was executed well in a lot of ways, but I think the main narrative was pretty good or at least had potential, except (in a number of ways) the contributions of Christie Golden.

Not to answer for Renautus-arathor but their lore blog had tons of interesting stuff throughout BfA.

3 Likes

I think it was from other races healing undead with the light. Over time it caused a bunch of the aforementioned horrors.

Lmao Baal I can’t :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Realistically if you’re committing to rejoining the Alliance as a disabled and inherently warped people by undeath, Sylvanas had made all the correct moves in selecting envoys. Alliance Champions, now risen, going back would at least have some semblance of who they are and people could vouch for them. And the title of the aforementioned individuals comes with the caveat that they both know the terrain and are hardened enough to see themselves (and each other, until they go their separate ways) to their selected destination.

Although it could be said that Sylvanas based it on an assumption I disagree. The Alliance is inherently a hegemonic entity that is stricter in terms of how it accepts factions and abides by their terms. Even then there are heavier prejudices within the Alliance, and usually this has led to strife such as Maiev killing recently-arrived Shendralar in Darnassus.

She was stuck in a hard place where effectively the southern Alliance would inevitably rally and go north to reclaim lands from the Scourge and resettle displaced refugees in their homelands. We see this in Cataclysm with the reclamation of the Plaguelands by Humans affiliated with the Alliance alongside the battle of Andorhal which they ended up losing.

She couldn’t sit back and assume that the Forsaken and herself were capable of standing toe to toe with two factions that could wipe the floor with them. Especially ones such as the Forsaken whom are largely reviled and thought of as Scourge. So she pivoted towards the Horde and found a way in via the Tauren which she took in a stranglehold grasp.

It’s quite simple. This was also before the Alliance was castrated to be morally goodbodies whom do not have a malicious or prejudiced bone. Back before they looked at Edwin Vancleef’s justifiable uprising, Dwarf racism between the Clans Bronzebeard and Dark Iron, Wrath of the Lich King where they siege Undercity as soon as there’s an opening and likely could’ve won if Jaina didn’t teleport the Alliance out with the confrontation and more.

5 Likes

He’s already reeing about me on Twitter. That little poopsdoodle.

That’s the answer we’ve all be looking for. Sylvanas just needs to eat Nathanos to get into heaven :stuck_out_tongue:

Boom, problem solved. I’ll get right on writing that…

2 Likes

Where they help the horde clear Varimathras and his loyalists just to instantly turn and declare his intention to finish the job against the rest of the present horde.

1 Like

They wanted Varian to be alliance Garrosh and alliance Thrall at the same time but couldn’t commit themselves to it because someone really wanted High King Habsburg Chin to be a beloved character

So now we have the irony of a king everyone insists is the best king ever having statues of himself built as half of his kingdom burns

9 Likes

For the last time, the statue was probably a gift to Varian, Varian of all people was not vain or arrogant and did care about his people.

Also, it is clear Blizzard wanted Varian to GROW and not be like Garrosh.

A good king would have melted the thing down

1 Like

“You look… delicious

• Shademaster Kiryn
10 Likes

You can’t melt stone. Also, if you reject such the giver could be offended.

1 Like

Aki? Is that you? :sob: :rofl:

<3 I’m glad I could share it.
I’m glad you were right about a lot of stuff. You’ve been fighting the good fight longer than I have.

1 Like

im sorry but for the first time im not gonna buy a book from the wow team

from what i read in that thread, almost half of that book was supposed to be explained in game instead of el cheapo cinematics we got about sylvanas and jailer’s motivations

this is just a bait for more money im not giving in to it’s so bad

why not explain sylvanas motivations through a small flashback when she tried to convince anduin to join the jailer?

why not show what the jailer showed sylvanas in the ending cinematic?

this is nothing more than a cashgrab about the worst written character in the history of warcraft

pity she was a great character till bfa

15 Likes

In-game Lava Eel Vore

4 Likes

big deal we’ve literally seen night elves being burned alive, they even took out a child’s dialogue in stormsong valley about looking at their dead parent and asking why they are not waking up

lava eel vore is basically nothing

Why would you think that’s me? I’ve never said that.

Also, she is playing a nelf mage. I would -never-

6 Likes

“You are all nothing!”

“Not even vore can save you from the Shadowlands!”

2 Likes