Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

NGL given this book how does WoW still have a T rating???

3 Likes

What page does she get her body back? I need to re-read.

At least she’s not waking up with two kids.

3 Likes

I’ll have to look it up when I get home from work. Unless someone beats me to it :wolf:

page 192 /10char

Edit: She was infuriated when she learned the Trolls may have dismembered her body. She was like “meh” when she discovered the 2nd biggest creep in WoW was “minding her body”

3 Likes

Thanks for posting the page death. The best as always :wolf:

She takes her body back and that’s it?

It’s a good scene sure, but the nonchallance of it, the fact that sge just left him alive (we kill him in the BE intro leveling experience.)

The PTR spoilers say we go back there…to fight the Scourge. Great all I’ll think now is here’s where Sylvanas was ra-…

Yeah, she possesses her body and just walks out of the tower with her fellow banshees in tow. None of the scourge in deatholme knew she was free willed at that point :wolf:

4 Likes

Man… This book just has no time for trolls, does it.

3 Likes

To be fair, the book isn’t about them :stuck_out_tongue:

You do realize Malygos kidnapped/was sexually abusing the final boss of the Nexus? (The dragon we ultimately killed)

If we can deal with topics about War, Death, etc I dont see why we cant have one about sexual assault allusions, admittedly it probably should have been better handled but oh well that is just SL.

“The weirdo has my body as some sort of gift? Pff, whatever, no big. WAIT. TROLLS MIGHT HAVE TOUCHED IT?”

…Harumph.

6 Likes

I’m not against these themes. What makes me angry is these themes are against CoC in forums to talk about.

I want a dark Warcraft but this game also tries to be PG-13 I’m no stranger to the idea that rape is a huge theme in this game. Sylvanas’ rape is no surprise. Usually the characters that rape other characters are treated like major villians. Arthas is still regarded by many as having “done nothing wrong” that is what’s problematic aside from the fact that she’s a strong female character and this franchise has a history of SA in it’s dev team.

3 Likes

How does law and order svu get a tv14 rating?

1 Like

I guess they deleted my post for talking about things that happen IN the warcraft story, lmao. It was deleted by a staff member too quickly so they are monitoring this thread.

But just keep in mind where the orcs committed genocide against the draenei and then used their bodies to make the “path of glory”, what happened to Alexstraza, what happened to the priestesses of Shattrath. None of this was T rating before.

Edit: Here is the post that was removed. I removed the R word because I guess what was what they took issue with? Despite that being what happened to Alexstraza. Even though you can post the word and I see people using that word in this thread. I broke the link so it doesn’t appear here:

i.imgur .com/WRSU1HF.jpg

8 Likes

There’s still at least one predator on the Dev team, in a position to plant things in the story.

There is a particularly contemptible apologia in the meta at this point.

3 Likes

No one has ever said(except maybe the most extreme people) that he has “done nothing wrong”. Having said that, Sylvanas has probably done as worse, if not worse then him.

Also, being a strong female character should not give you carte blanche to escape punishment.

6 Likes

Nearly everyone agrees that death knight Arthas is evil. That’s the point of his corruption. The debate seems to always be about whether or not he has free will.

4 Likes

Congratulations to everyone involved. “Lava Eel Vore” was just referenced by title in the first few moments of Bellular’s new video.

11 Likes

We in the west tend to be more publicly tolerant of violence than sexual assault. There’s a puritannical aversion to mentions of even consensual sex. We prefer our sexual assault to be hidden behind allegory.