Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

What? There are absolutely no in game references that would suggest Brittney inspired anything related to High Elves.

An unkindness.

5 Likes

Yuss, this. We are an unkindness of Besties!!

3 Likes

Miss ma’am copy pasta’d the Nuremberg Trials for an Orc accused of war crimes by magical Chinese inspired animal deities

A highly prolific case of Local Blonde Woman Celebrity being robbed of agency by a parent last year as inspiration for blonde parent policing and controlling her blonde daughter is more reasonable in comparison

10 Likes

I mean yeah… and the toxic dance.

7 Likes

I was fairly certain Micah had a lock on being your bestie? I probably disagree with you too much to be besties 'cause I /spit on Sylvanas, but we’re otherwise pretty amicable.

I think.

Why wouldn’t every available soul in the Shadowlands be pitching in to recover every soul from The Maw, even if just to address the anima drought and its ramifications? Zovaal being dead doesn’t magically reverse that souls have been misdirected since Argus.

“No, we must’n’t! It is her penance because that purple lady said so.”

2 Likes

The drought is over. The souls are going through the Arbiter again.

1 Like

You don’t think zero souls going where they were supposed to for that long might be a little more serious than just flipping the breaker? Ardenweald in particular was presented as a pretty delicate balance.

Took long enough but I’ve managed to read the book completely. I have mixed feelings about this book. I love the first half of it, but after that point I kinda feel like the tone of the book changes. The second half of the book feels like an emo kid’s wet dream, it gets depressing and incredibly nihilistic. I’m not sure if I’d recommend this book or not; it has good lore parts in it and the writing quality isn’t bad, but there is way too much unnecessary repetition of things that have already been mentioned which gets obnoxious and the second part of the book has significant Goldenisms.

5 Likes

Moonslight bothered me an irrational amount.

I get Azeroth has two moons. But we don’t call it starslight it’s just starlight.

4 Likes

I mentality chalked it up to a minor typo that slipped by everyone. It does happen you know. It didn’t bother me nearly as much as the part where Zooval basically admitted to being the architect of every bad thing that happened to her and the universe in general and….she still sides with him.

That irritated me the most :wolf:

Yeah it’s uh baffling how much time is devoted to Sylvanas’s idyllic upbringing compared to the maybe 2 chapters the Jailor gets.

I understand they’re trying to show us why Sylvanas wants to see her family together and happy again.

But just deciding to trust the Jailor and his lackeys because they had one salient point and some correct predictions remains extremely strange. Especially after she learns this is the architect of all cosmic cruelty.

And there’s a line in the book with Sylvanas saying

some might at best call me gullible

And - yeah. They would. And they would be right. Because this is extremely stupid.

One little tidbit I found sort of neat was confirmation ghosts are indeed actually solid, as every bit of other lore suggests they are.

Also apparently banshees only see in that muted color scope we see when we are in a corpse run.

9 Likes

I did like the part where Zooval admitted that Arthas went rogue and wasn’t dominated and started making his own decisions and had his own plans for using domination magic on Azeroth.

Confirms what I been saying that Arthas had agency in the choices he was making. :wolf:

8 Likes

I love the confirmation of ghosts being solid. That’s pretty useful info.

Did Baal have “Anduin becomes Sylvanas therapist” on his bingo card?

1 Like

Anduin isn’t really her therapist, he aggressively refutes her in almost every interlude

then why did he jump into the maw after her? does he’s just going to become the angel on her shoulder, repeating her crimes?

To physically help her. Anduin needs help of his own after what the Jailer did to him, so him helping Sylvanas is also a way to help himself.

1 Like